Gochie's Character Sheets

gochie

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I uploaded my character sheets (p.1 and 2) for Human, Elf, and Troll races in the Download section. These 2 pages should be sufficient for players who prefer to write their own backgrounds/biographies.

Here are most of the changes from Chaosium's sheet:

• Removed weapon category skills (only kept "natural weapons"),
  • moved equipment to the first page,
  • moved Rune Affinities and Passions to 2nd page,
  • added 8 rune affinities (Chaos, Plant, Law, etc.)
  • added "Original", "Current", and "Species Max" characteristic lines,
  • added armor type/ENC/SIZ per location lines,
  • added a move speed line,
  • added blank lines (at least one) to most skill categories, including weapons and Sorcerous Magic,
  • divided the long lines in equipment and spells sections,
  • moved Mount/Ally section to 2nd page (from 3rd),
  • added a "Race" line (replacing "Ransom", which was removed),
  • added race-specific color and pretty pictures to the frame,
  • and probably other minor things I forgot about.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Just glanced over the human one real quick. Looks like some nice work. If I ever get out of the eternal-GM chair, I might try it out :). Quick Q, shouldn't the "Dragon" Rune be "Dragonewt" Rune? Or was that an intended abbreviation?

I'm also led to understand that humans will not be able to obtain % in Runes like Mastery, Infinity, Magic, etc. but without actual published Heroquesting rules I don't see it as a huge issue.

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

31 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

Does anyone have recommendations for good software for laying out character sheets?

I use Excel, but I like blocky character sheets with things in tables.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

6 hours ago, Crel said:

Just glanced over the human one real quick. Looks like some nice work. If I ever get out of the eternal-GM chair, I might try it out :). Quick Q, shouldn't the "Dragon" Rune be "Dragonewt" Rune? Or was that an intended abbreviation?

I'm also led to understand that humans will not be able to obtain % in Runes like Mastery, Infinity, Magic, etc. but without actual published Heroquesting rules I don't see it as a huge issue.

Yeah I added those because my GM is a wildcard and he will likely incorporate some of those runes at some point in play (and who knows if they're added in heroquest supplements).

It's also nice as a reference for newer players that don't know the different runes. 

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

It took me a while to find Spirit Combat Damage, I was just about to post that you had missed it out! I think this should be up with the stats along side SR and damage modifier.

I used Photoshop... And I have very little knowledge of the software - basically learn as I go.

As for spirit damage, that's not a bad place to put it at all, but I figured you would need to look at your spirit combat skills anyways, so might as well put it all on the same page. 

One thing I notice on these is that you have the anatomical HP tracker as well as a block for tracking HP on the right.  I wonder if you might do an "Option 2" that keeps the block tracker but replaces the anatomical space with space for a character sketch.  One thing I've always noticed on RQ sheets (early D&D sheets had them) is that there is no place to draw your guy or gal, and I always thought that was a nice way to personalize your character.   Outstanding job on these!

Edited by Wolfpack48
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wolfpack48 said:

One thing I notice on these is that you have the anatomical HP tracker as well as a block for tracking HP on the right.  I wonder if you might do an "Option 2" that keeps the block tracker but replaces the anatomical space with space for a character sketch.  One thing I've always noticed on RQ sheets (early D&D sheets had them) is that there is no place to draw your guy or gal, and I always thought that was a nice way to personalize your character.   Outstanding job on these!

I always draw my characters too, but that area is preeeetty small for a drawing (in my opinion), and the block tracker for armour details would be pretty cluttered with HP and AP slapped on top. 

I could add a 3rd page with the appropriate border and a large "Background section" and half a page for a drawing though... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Snap!

image.png.b2cad274957189b2d42115cddf73bed6.png

That kind of thing is perfect for me. I hate whitespace, wasted space, artistic character sheets that are poorly organised and so on.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 4/13/2019 at 12:01 PM, gochie said:

I always draw my characters too, but that area is preeeetty small for a drawing (in my opinion), and the block tracker for armour details would be pretty cluttered with HP and AP slapped on top. 

I could add a 3rd page with the appropriate border and a large "Background section" and half a page for a drawing though... 

That sounds like a good compromise, Gotchie.  I've always been fine with a smaller area -- I usually just draw the bust so don't need a ton of room, and was thinking of a slight tweak to the location block, something like below.  In any case, I like your treatment.  

2019-04-15_10-55-56.jpg.f89a40310edbb0a9ef1da05625df7b96.jpg

• Like 1