Enjossi Settlement

Sumath

10 hours ago, Sumath said:

What is the name of the settlement on the North side of Kjartan Lake? Is it just known as the Kjartan Lake settlement? The adventure book in the GMs Screen Pack seems to go out of its way to avoid mentioning it by name.

I don't find it named in any map - nor do I even find the settlement noted on older maps (including the Dragon Pass Gazetteer). I'd guess it is most likely Enjossi's Stead or Kjartan's Stead, or maybe Salmon Town.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

I don't find it named in any map - nor do I even find the settlement noted on older maps (including the Dragon Pass Gazetteer). I'd guess it is most likely Enjossi's Stead or Kjartan's Stead, or maybe Salmon Town.

If it is directly on the lake, the name might be forgotten as soon as you leave the place. At least if the memovore essences of that lake still aren't removed from the lore.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Regardless of the depreciation of the term essence (which is still used rarely, such as page 57 of the guide) there may still be memovores out there.

(Certainly the Nyctalops works very similarly to the old sorcerous darkness elementals the dadami.)

In RQ:Glorantha terms, such Amnesia Spirits may be a form of demon or passion spirit that causes forgetfulness in its victims. (Or even more monstrously, Disease Spirits of Brain Fever. Certainly a group of healers may end up there to try and cleanse it, even if they're Aeolian meldeks.)