Chaosium customer care

Hasseo66

I used to own the pdf version of Magic World, but since Chaosium changed their website, its "magically" gone.

This means Ill have to purchase it again when and if it gets updated. As ALWAYS when mailing Chaosium, I get no response at all.....

I really love Chaosium products, and have been a big fan since the eighties. But they dont give a s&&t about their customers"

Hasse

I read somewhere that if you have the order number they can reinstate your downloadable file. The biggest problem would be the limit (four times) on the downloads and actually getting a response to your email.

I've kept every email confirmation of orders I've placed with them just in case, for which I am now very glad.

Nigel

I wouldn't state it as strongly, but there is definitely room for improvement: I got no answer from my e-mails, so finally called after a "shipment" still hadn't arrived three weeks after the "shipped" notification. Turns out one item is back-ordered, so nothing has actually "shipped". The explanation was that it had something to do with the new system they were using...I think, it was hard to hear with the dogs going nuts in the background.  ;) Ken offered to ship the other two items now, to his credit. But, the next time I might just be tempted to pay a few $ more to order through RPGNow and get the POD + PDF.

"This is preposterous! Must we welcome each scoundrel of time into our midst, to satiate himself on our good things, meanwhile perverting our customs?"
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

I think this is probably one of the reasons they have made plenty of the monograph stuff available as POD on DriveThruRPG/RPGNow. This option is much cheaper for us non-us purchasers since the price on the on the Chaosium web page is really high for overseas shipping.

I have most of my purchases saved, but noticed that some of the old ones are missing (probably to my previous email that no longer exists). Haven't needed to download them again though so no worries yet.

I used to own the pdf version of Magic World, but since Chaosium changed their website, its "magically" gone.

This means Ill have to purchase it again when and if it gets updated. As ALWAYS when mailing Chaosium, I get no response at all.....

I really love Chaosium products, and have been a big fan since the eighties. But they dont give a s&&t about their customers"

Hasse

Exact same thing is happening to me. I've received no response. It does make you feel absolutely s!!!!ty as a customer. How can a digital product you've purchased just "disappear" in this day and age is beyond me. 

I suppose if the updated web store software cannot easily import the old database there's not much you can do. I guess the offer to restore old orders required them to re-enter the order details and that would only work if you could supply the details.

Nigel

Hasse

That is why I only buy pdfs through DriveThruRPG.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry everyone's having issues.

I, on the other hand, ordered Magic Book, and Enlightened Magic during their sale last month, and Chaosium was nice enough to send me 2 copies each!

When honesty prevailed and I called them about it, they said keep them. WOO HOO!

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects