Worlds United...your thoughts ?

Agentorange

I have the pdf version. I like it a bunch. It, combined with after the vampire wars, provides quite the system for doing various power levels of things. WU is quite flavorful. Definitely pairs well with monster island as well, as a place to crash land in your rocket ship carrying your ray gun 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I totally forgot the existence of this until now; bought the PDF. Thanks for this thread!

Their nuclear rockets have an exhaust velocity of about "25 times that of the best chemical rockets", which would translate into roughly 111,550 m/s. This results in these delta V numbers per tenth of ship mass as fuel:

1       11,753
2       24,892
3       39,787
4       56,983
5       77,321
6       102,212
7       134,303
8       179,533
9       256,853
9.9     513,707
9.99    770,560
9.999   1,027,413

I'll have to read the rest later on, but it does look promising from what I've seen already. :)

Edited by Thot

On 10/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, Thot said:

I'll have to read the rest later on, but it does look promising from what I've seen already. :)

So... Having read it further, the idea does have merits, but somehow doesn't enthrall me to run a campaign in it.  I'd maybe use it in some kind of world hopping campaign as a stop between adventures. But for a setting fully based on this one world, it seems... too peaceful? I mean, sure, there's the Cold War with a somehow only half-communist dictatorial Soviet Union, but that doesn't really inspire me. Maybe it's using a divergence point way, way in the ancient past of the early 20th century that fails to bewitch me... but then again, it's the only that makes sense when emulating the pulp sf, "inhabited  solar system" genre.

It's pulp in all its glory. Not quite my genre, but it's well done, I enjoyed the read.

Edited by Thot
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

It was on my DriveThruRPG Wish List of RPGs for quite some time.  I finally bought the PDF and hardcover version (which just arrived today).  The book is nice, a bit odd with the colored header and footer page sections and mostly B&W interior art (the solar system, Mars and Venus maps are full color).  Odds are I'll used the setting for a time travel/dimension hopping mini-campaign at some point in the future. 

R5ibgjw.jpg?1

Guest Vile Traveller

I may pick it up if the other releases slow down! It's very intriguing, but there are several upcoming and already published books still on my Mythras-to-buy list.

Aside from the setting information, what are the additions to Myhtras core rules, mechanically? In terms of character generation, equipment, etc.

6 hours ago, Vile said:

Aside from the setting information, what are the additions to Myhtras core rules, mechanically? In terms of character generation, equipment, etc.

Since the Mythras Companion is out, the rules for creating Heroic and Pulp characters aren't special anymore for WU.

Regarding yor question there is no addition to Mythras Core.
WU uses the rules corpus of After the Vampire Wars (and therefore Luther Arkwright) and gives it new flavour and fluff.

Other rules like Ophidian Alchemy using the Alchemy rules from Mythic Constantinople: Alchemical recipes as Folk Magic.

All in all WU uses a bunch of different books from the Mythras product line (e.g. Monster Island in terms of bestiary) and has many new stuff in it.
But you have asked for substantial new rules for Mythras Core, and the new ones from WU are rewritten as generic rules for the Mythras Companion.

Edited by prinz.slasar

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2020 at 8:51 PM, ORtrail said:

... Odds are I'll used the setting for a time travel/dimension hopping mini-campaign at some point in the future. 

I envision this Luther Arkwright campaign.

It specifically uses  every. Mythras. setting.  as the PCs visit, and deal with matters.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig