BRP Rome: preordering officially started

RosenMcStern

Okay, it is still seven weeks before Tentacles, but you can now have a look at the preview (it is on the left side of the page) and preorder your copy:

BRP Rome

Do not trust your luck and place a preorder! The extra copies we bring to Tentacles will disappear in a matter of minutes once the attendees can see how rich and beautful this book is. Good job Pete (and the artists, too) :thumb:

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

I can't make it to Tentacles but I would certainly pre-order if some kind person could pick it up for me.

I can make cake...chocolate cake...with sprinkles on...or pay in real cash money any out of pocket expenses. You know, whichever is more attractive.

Do not worry, you will be able to order the book directly from Chaosium next month. No swimming across the Atlantic required.

Swimming! You are a genius!

That would probably be much simpler than draining the damn thing, which is what I was planning on.

Both plans will probably take me well over a month, so I guess I'll just wait.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Preview looks great!

Alas, I suspect this whole Atlantic Ocean thing is just a nefarious plot to make me wait for a copy. :(

Don't feel bad. I felt the same way when I heard from Newts podcasts that Jeff Richard had handed out a "Glorantha Pendragon" last year I felt the same. ROME though will at least make it to this side of the pond. :D

SDLeary

Don't feel bad. I felt the same way when I heard from Newts podcasts that Jeff Richard had handed out a "Glorantha Pendragon" last year I felt the same. ROME though will at least make it to this side of the pond. :D

SDLeary

:shocked:

What is this thing of which you speak? Is it a printed Pendragon Pass type supplement of some sort?

Maybe I should continue with my plans tp drain the Atlantic after all. We from this side of the Pond could run over there, raid them and take their copies, run back and then let all the water back into the Ocean.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Do not worry, you will be able to order the book directly from Chaosium next month. No swimming across the Atlantic required.

Good to hear, this is one of the BRP books I've been looking forward to. Uh, what does the price (roughly) translate to in American dollars?

Not to worry, just clarifying.

BTW it did have the positive effect that I contacted Jeff Richard about it and bagged a copy for myself. Its good Gloranthan material with the right balance of setting and rules. While I can't republish the Pendragon rules (White Wolf owns the rights to those) the setting, Talastar, can be republished along with a BRP/MRQ port of the rules in Hearts in Glorantha.

I'm looking at Issue 4 which will come out early 2010.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

I hadn't been keeping up with the development of this nor intending to ever purchase it, but looking at the preview has changed my mind completely. I think I'll wait to see what the reviews are like and if there are any typo issues, and then purchase if all is OK.

Inspiration ofr my never-to-be-published age of sail supplement.

132/420