The One Ring Bag of Holding

On the off chance discussing this is verboten here in the Inn, let me know  and delete at will @Trifletraxor

1576132527.pngThrough MONDAY, JANUARY 6, 2020, get your Tolkien on with our revived Oct 2015 The One Ring Bundle and its Dec 2017 companion, One Ring Journeys (formerly One Ring +2)

So why post about this non BRP game in a semi BRP oriented forum?

1. Seems like a lot of you here are fans of this game, seen a lot of kind words hereabouts posted on this topic.

2. Who better to ask the opinion of game, than people who play games you like?

3. ... and the number one reason to post this in a forum loosely based on BRP games.

Who better to understand the woes of playing an unsupported system than BRP fans of the oh so many many stripes who would not only have empathy for, but also the  knowledge of, how to run unsupported systems (with a little help from your friends, of course). Seeing as The One Ring will be cut loose and left to wander alone into the wild unprotected by a publisher in the next year, this is an extremely salient point!

Well, what do you all think, should I go for it? Am I crazy or, and are the rumours about Griselda true?  Well, the first three points might be a little more sensible than the ones in the previous sentence, so, allons-y!

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 hour ago, Lloyd Dupont said:

For example BRP in a few words, an RPG rule system without class and level. Mostly skill based on a percentage scale.

I am not sure what you saying, sorry (you may wish to read my post again),  but if you are asking if this is BRP, it is not... uses d6,

Simply put, this is a sysem the seems to be losing its home and possibly going out of print but coincidentally a large part of it is available very cheap. I have seen folk around here saying great things and thought I would see if more could be parsed here before committing short dollars. Fear not Chaosium, yours is already put off to the side....

oh, and about Griselda?

Edited by Bill the barbarian

Just now, Bill the barbarian said:

I am not sure what you saying, sorry,  but if you are asking if this is BRP, it is not... uses d6

I think he wants the "one-line elevator pitch" for selling TOR.

I too haven't read it, but have read about it.

My understanding is the pitch would be something like, "The best RPG yet for simulating Tolkienesque flavor, with special attention to the Party, the Journey, and the perils of the Shadow (and it's grip within oneself!)"

YMiddleEarthMV, as may YRPG.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Just now, g33k said:

My understanding is the pitch would be something like, "The best RPG yet for simulating Tolkienesque flavor, with special attention to the Party, the Journey, and the perils of the Shadow (and it's grip within oneself!)"

Exactly what I read on the ‘net. I was kinda hoping all them that was saying the groovy things about the game might pop around as well, with words of wisdom and all.