New releases

Y Mab Darogan

No ETA's announced (that I have seen).

Is PDF enough, for now?  You may be in luck...  🤔

Large amounts of what Chaosium does (both their "in-house" stuff and their freelancers) can continue with minimal impact...  Chaosium has been doing "virtual office" for years now!  Their operations are relatively isolated from "shelter in place" orders.  Their work continues apace, online as usual.

But when it comes to the physical product... the 3rd parties who print&bind, the shipping firms, etc etc etc...  All of that remains VERY uncertain.

Last I knew, The Smoking Ruin is available in PDF and the order for hardcopies was "at the printer."   Exactly what that means, now; and what the printer [is doing / will do] about covid-19, and what that means for physical shipments...  I don't think anyone knows with certainty at the moment... including Chaosium!  I expect they'll tell us when they DO know.  It's possible there will be little to no effect.

Next up is Pegasus Plateau.  It is deep into layout (possibly even done?); I don't know if Chaosium plans a "tribal edit" phase; I don't know if Chaosium has a printer tapped for the project, nor how that printer is reacting (will react) to covid-19.

After that are the Starter Set box, and the Gods/Cults set.  I don't know the order they'll finish.

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

The Smoking Ruin is at the printer and should be available for purchase on chaosium.com in printed form in about a month.

The Pegasus Plateau is almost done with layout. PDF should be available for purchase THIS month. Then it goes to the printer.

All other future books are still in the writing/editing phase, and so we shall not give ETAs on them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 11

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

7 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The Pegasus Plateau is almost done with layout. PDF should be available for purchase THIS month.

How long does layout usually take on Chaosium's products? Are you able/willing to comment? I've been curious about what it looks like from a professional perspective since I started doing it for my Jonstown Compendium stuff.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

The time to do layout greatly depends on the page count of the book. 1-4 weeks is pretty typical. We do all the text creation, editing, and basic formatting in MS Word. We then import the word file(s) into InDesign, usually chapter by chapter or section by section. That makes final layout in InDesign much easier. Setting up and adjusting styles in MS Word is easier for most people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.