Wanted: Cthulhu Rising Monograph

Nikoli

Hi Everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this, but hopefully so. I’m looking for a softback copy of Cthulhu Rising and was wondering if anyone is willing to sell me one? The current prices on Amazon etc are a bit silly (in the hundreds) but I’m willing to pay a good amount for a hard-to-get copy.

If you’re willing to sell and have an amount in mind, please PM me. I’m into BRP scifi so the game will be loved! 🙂 

Thanks,

Nikoli

I encourage you to go for it because Cthulhu Rising is worth every penny. However I am going to hang on to my copy - its just to wonderful to give up. However if you do get CR and are looking for some scenarios and additional rules PM me. I have a lot of the free stuff that Ossaway put on his now defunct website.

• Thanks 2

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

Pro Tip: Archive.org often has caches of abandoned websites and their files, including cthulhurising.co.uk.  (Archival preservation is a lovely thing.)

EDIT: Although the Internet Archive has cached the old Cthulhu Rising site, it looks like the PDFs and ZIP files are not part of their backup.

Edited by Travern
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baron said:

I've never seen reasonable pricing on Noble Knight. In my experience, if no one here has one to sell, keep checking eBay. Eventually you'll get a copy at a decent price. You just have to be patient.

It’s not available on Noble Knight anyways, but I’ll keep an eye out for it on ebay. I have the pdf, but I’d like the softcopy. I suppose I could get a printer to print and bind...but I’d rather the book.

It’s a pity we don’t have a print on demand with Chaosium, as that book is great. 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi Scotty,

Once Men is also a pdf and so is Empire of Tsan Chan. They don’t seem available in softback.

Actually, reading your comment again, I think you might mean that the OTHER pdfs will be available eventually, but never Cthulhu Rising and Jovian Nightmares. Is that the case?

If so, that’s a pity.

Hi All,

I got very lucky and managed to find a copy for 48 dollars. I snapped it up. Now I just have to wait. 🙂 I hope it arrives safely.

(I had almost given up, and had searched many times over the past few days, but decided to search one more time.)

Nikoli

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rsanford said:

Cthulu Rising and all it’s supporting material is a masterpiece. Maybe Chaosium could release a second edition someday?

I’d buy it, that’s for sure. The setting idea is genius. All it lacks is starship combat, but with M-Space and its starship rules the M can now stand for Mythos. 😉 

I’m a big fan of the CR character sheet, too. A good sheet does a lot to evoke a game. I feel CR has the right level of granularity in terms of skills etc. I’m genuinely excited to receive it in the post. I’ve also ordered the softbacks of Jovian Nightmares, End Times, and Empire of Tsan Chan from drivethrurpg to complete the futuristic weirdness. (Once Men is not available, unfortunately, in softback.) 

1 hour ago, Nikoli said:

Hi All,

I got very lucky and managed to find a copy for 48 dollars. I snapped it up. Now I just have to wait. 🙂 I hope it arrives safely.

(I had almost given up, and had searched many times over the past few days, but decided to search one more time.)

Nikoli

You may find this of interest too - https://www.ragingtrifle.com/jn/

• Thanks 2