Lunar's preventing the worship of Orlanth

mikuel

9 hours ago, JRE said:

I do not see much conflict, as long as they do not communicate... The Patriarchy takes concubines for granted, the Lunar establishment supports equality but also probably polygamy and polyandry. Makes me wonder if the New Pelorian for second wife and second husband may not be based in the Dara Happan for concubine, so they can believe they understand each other...

My Arabian Nights analogy for the Lunars surely means the "happy ending" of many folk tales will be when the protagonist realises she can marry all three of the handsome princes / warriors / chieftains (or whoever) she's been adventuring with: the marvellous revelation of the Lunar Way means that she doesn't have to choose between them. Everyone wins!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

My Arabian Nights analogy for the Lunars surely means the "happy ending" of many folk tales will be when the protagonist realises she can marry all three of the handsome princes / warriors / chieftains (or whoever) she's been adventuring with: the marvellous revelation of the Lunar Way means that she doesn't have to choose between them. Everyone wins!

Tell that to the 3 handsome princes.  Sounds like they just wed an opportunistic narcissist chaos horror to me.😜

I understand how some knuckle-dragging slaves of the patriarchy might mistake a socially, sexually and intellectually liberated woman for a "chaos horror." Clearly, there is much work yet to be done...

• Helpful 2

34 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

I understand how some knuckle-dragging slaves of the patriarchy might mistake a socially, sexually and intellectually liberated woman for a "chaos horror." Clearly, there is much work yet to be done...

Nothing to do with gender. All lunars are chaos horrors.  They chose their side when they accepted a chaotic deity.

Edited by Darius West