Guide to Glorantha vs Glorantha Sourcebook.

SteelSpyder

I’m planning to buy the Guide to Glorantha and I’m wondering if I should get the Glorantha Sourcebook also.  Does the sourcebook have any info not contained in the guide? Do I need them both to get a complete picture? Please give me any advice that would point me to the best source of info on Glorantha.

4 minutes ago, SteelSpyder said:

I’m planning to buy the Guide to Glorantha and I’m wondering if I should get the Glorantha Sourcebook also.

Yes.

Does the sourcebook have any info not contained in the guide?

Yes.

Do I need them both to get a complete picture?

Yes.

This recent thread covers sourcebook or Guide:

I will however reiterate my comment from there:

The Sourcebook as it has proportionately more mythology than the Guide and is smaller. The Guide covers more geography, culture and politics, with some cosmology.

Please give me any advice that would point me to the best source of info on Glorantha.

Then you are off into other realms: King of Sartar, The Stafford Library, RuneQuest Glorantha ,HeroQuest Glorantha, the complete body of RuneQuest Classic. All of these will add to your understanding of the world, just do it gradually.

• Helpful 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

7 minutes ago, SteelSpyder said:

Great, I already ordered the Runequest Glorantha book set and wanted more information on Glorantha, I will most likely get both guide and sourcebook, I’ll have to think about whether or not to get the other books you mention.

Don't stress it, they can safely wait until you've poured over the Guide and Sourcebook.

2 hours ago, SteelSpyder said:

Great, I already ordered the Runequest Glorantha book set and wanted more information on Glorantha, I will most likely get both guide and sourcebook, I’ll have to think about whether or not to get the other books you mention.

Welcome to the tribe!  I think this guide to How to get started with Glorantha may help you solve some doubts.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

3 hours ago, SteelSpyder said:

I’m planning to buy the Guide to Glorantha and I’m wondering if I should get the Glorantha Sourcebook also.  Does the sourcebook have any info not contained in the guide? Do I need them both to get a complete picture? Please give me any advice that would point me to the best source of info on Glorantha.

1. You will not  get a complete picture, no matter what you do.
  2. The Sourcebook is a travel guide; the Guide is an encyclopedia.
  3. Read the Sourcebook first, the Guide second.
  4. Don't try to read too much of the Guide at one time, or your brain will try to escape your skull.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Akhôrahil said:

Don't try to read too much of the Guide at one time, or your brain will try to escape your skull.

You can't tell me what to do! I lost my mind 5 years ago, the Arkat chapters no longer threaten me!