What are clothes?

Brootse

5 hours ago, jajagappa said:

While one might initially assume that the OP is either the Conceal or Hide riddle, it is actually the Act riddle (though some in the Jelenkev temple have incorrectly labeled it as the Disguise riddle) - this is clearly identified in the Jonstown Compendium, see item 10,042.  The correct response is "The makings of a mortal."  (Or so claims the famed scholar Harrik of Oranesstead.) 

Eeek! One of the illuminated! Send for the Storm Bulls!

• Like 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

3 hours ago, Darius West said:

What about chucking a woad wearer in a sack?  Is that clothes?  Or a blanket?  What about a net?  Or a river? 

I'd say that sacks, blankets, nets, and rivers are not clothing. Some of them could be worn as clothing, but something belligerantly thrown over someone is not "clothing".

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:59 PM, David Scott said:

As it costs rune points to use, it will be a rare person with 15pt woad.

Rare person... But anyone who does have it will also have the RPs for a big Shield as well! (Unless said pot of Woad has been stolen, or gifted to someone less capable).

On 6/18/2020 at 9:25 PM, Thaz said:

She's only naked that one time

Vasana??? Which? Where? 

Because....

On 6/18/2020 at 9:04 PM, David Scott said:

The ones we can see are all truth or death runes.

P374... Huge Air Rune on left upper arm, looks like Mobility on left thigh.

Although, p402 looks like a Moon Rune ( :O), and 415 is slightly different as well.... 

I don't see no Truth anywhere...

Edited by Shiningbrow

As to the question of "what are clothes", I'd go with a minor modification of a rule for the Race to Alaska:. (r2ak.com)

Their rule is that if they have to consider consulting a lawyer about whether you are disqualified, you are disqualified.

So, if the GM has to even think about consulting this thread or other rules on whether something is clothing, it is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

Their rule is that if they have to consider consulting a lawyer about whether you are disqualified, you are disqualified.

So, if the GM has to even think about consulting this thread or other rules on whether something is clothing, it is.

Sort of... but I think intent comes into it. Someone deftly throws a hat so that it lands on your head form behind? Not "wearing clothes". You knock it off. And not just because "it cancels my magic", you knock it off because it offensive to you to have a hat on "while skyclad". The game mechanics are irrelevant to the character, world-view trumps mechanics every time. Unless you're illuminated of course.

37 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

but I think intent comes into it.

Of course intent comes into it.

If a Chalana Arroy is riding a horse, and somebody throws themselves under the horse and gets hurt, do you toss them out of the cult?  If you gag and bind a Wind Lord in a cell, then parade chaos in front of them, so they cannot recite "Foul chaos...", will Orlanth punish them?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

As to the question of "what are clothes", I'd go with a minor modification of a rule for the Race to Alaska:. (r2ak.com)

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

Sort of... but I think intent comes into it. Someone deftly throws a hat so that it lands on your head form behind? Not "wearing clothes". You knock it off. And not just because "it cancels my magic", you knock it off because it offensive to you to have a hat on "while skyclad". The game mechanics are irrelevant to the character, world-view trumps mechanics every time. Unless you're illuminated of course.

17 minutes ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

Of course intent comes into it.

If a Chalana Arroy is riding a horse, and somebody throws themselves under the horse and gets hurt, do you toss them out of the cult?  If you gag and bind a Wind Lord in a cell, then parade chaos in front of them, so they cannot recite "Foul chaos...", will Orlanth punish them?

Gloranthan religions are orthopractic, not orthodoxic, so the correct forms are important, not the beliefs. Here's a real world example of the stuff I'm talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat_elevator

About the examples:

A piece of random clothing that someone just throws on you isn't the same as wearing clothes, you'd have to pull the hat properly on his head for it to count, and that's quite a feat to pull off against an unwilling Windlord.

The Chalana Arroy worshipper didn't hurt anyone.

Orlanth has many different kinds of spirits of reprisal, so maybe the Wind Lord could get a small itch.