Morale Rune Spell

Redjac

Does the Morale only work with a military regiment? Will it work with a Hero Band? Such as five or six starting adventurers? 

Are there any conditions on the Morale Spell? Do all the members of the regiment have to be Humakti? 

13 hours ago, Redjac said:

Does the Morale only work with a military regiment? Will it work with a Hero Band? Such as five or six starting adventurers? 

I would get the Adventurers to sign up to an agreement that binds them together. This could be a blood pact, putting their marks on a clay tablet, signing a formal agreement or something similar. You could even sacrifice 1 POW to the agreement to create a wyter for the party. That way, they are bound as an entity and Morale works for them.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

14 hours ago, Redjac said:

Given that it's only available to Humakt, Yanafal Tarnils and Polestar, as long as the target is acting as a military group there shouldn't be a problem. If your group contains adventurers who aren't by nature combatants then I'd say leave them out of the ritual or it doesn't work. Depending on the culture it shouldn't be too much of problem as most would be part of a Fyrd or militia. 

Are there any conditions on the Morale Spell?

Other than the opening ritual and length of the spell, no.

Do all the members of the regiment have to be Humakti? 

No, but the caster would have to be from Humakt, Yanafal Tarnils and Polestar (as only they can have the spell).

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Because of the power of the Morale spell and how long it takes to cast, I would urge people to stack a lot of defensive boosting MPs in it. Otherwise, it will be a cheap and easy target for dispelling, almost certainly going away in the first round of combat, and can then not be replenished.

Edited by Akhôrahil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Scott said:

No, but the caster would have to be from Humakt, Yanafal Tarnils and Polestar (as only they can have the spell).

This would seem to be a major candidate for Spell Trading, too, as the kind of conditional spell that you don't need often but is crucial when you do need it.

Edited by Akhôrahil
  • Like 2