Coast of Thrall Released for Mythras

tetnak

Hello everyone!

Jason @ Earl of Fife Games here to let you know we've released an adventure module fully compatible with Mythras under the Mythras Gateway license.

You can get it --> HERE

331095-thumb140.jpg
Coast of Thrall
A group of adventurers are allied together on a voyage across the sea. There is a mysterious prisoner aboard who is locked in the brig. He is being transported to Soulbade to be executed for his heinous crimes, so when people start to end up missing who is really to blame? The journey takes the adventurers to the dark city of Soulbade. A city where the shadows have a thousand eyes and a dangerous cult called the Dream Watchers worship a wicked djinn with the power to enslave his victims when they sleep. It is left to the adventurers to save these victims of the slavers. It is up to them to rescue the innocent from those who hold the power to not only enslave the mortal flesh, but the very soul as well.
This adventure is created to allow a GM to use it in almost any Mythras fantasy campaign. The Coast of Thrall includes:
  • A dangerous 50-page dark fantasy adventure set upon sea and land;
  • An adventure that should last 8-16 hours depending on play styles;
  • A mysterious cult to find and expose;
  • A plethora of NPCs that will bring the adventure to life;
  • 9 new adversaries.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Prinz Slasar said:

Awesome! Any PoD option?

To come. POD is very slow right now on DrivethruRPG. Look for it at the end of the month I'd say. If someone buys it now, keep your email from OBS. Submit it to us via our website and you'll be discounted the full price of the PDF.

Edited by tetnak
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

COAST OF THRALL is awesome and the artwork is really great. It's very entertaining and gonzo. Personally, I would trim it down to true Sword&Sorcery.
The whole thing is like an oldschool S+S movie/story to me. It has the pulpy, action-adventure vibe.
I would recommend it to experienced Mythras GMs, who can fill in the blanks with their own rules suggestions and own stats for (some) NPCs. You also have to come up with your own characters.

Edited by Prinz Slasar
  • Like 1

I am planning on picking this up but two questions. Just how gonzo is it and can you give examples? Also how hard would it be to run this in Magic World or straight BRP?

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

1 hour ago, rsanford said:

Just how gonzo is it and can you give examples? A

Gonzo ("wild & crazy") in the good sense of comic-booky and exaggerated Sword&Sorcery tropes. AFAICS the setting isn't there for logical discussion but functions as a background for gritty action-adventure with some suspense/horror elements. It has more magic and more non-human species in it than I would expect genre-wise. It happens a lot over the course of the adventure, and the characters are in for a treat.

1 hour ago, rsanford said:

Also how hard would it be to run this in Magic World or straight BRP?

It's very rules-light, so to speak. You can expect Mythras stat blocks and usage of the Mythras skills. If you know how to convert Mythras stats into Magic World or BRP, then you're done.

Depending on how the GM uses the module and - what's more important - how the characters will act, you can expect a lot of combat and action. The module suggests the usage of the Rabble/Underling rules from Mythras, to reflect the pulpy feel of the whole thing. If you want to use MW or BRP, you have to think about a Mook mechanic.
To get the most out of it, I wouldn't recommend grim&gritty D100 rules, where any sword attack can kill your PC instantly

Edited by Prinz Slasar
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, Prinz Slasar said:

Gonzo ("wild & crazy") in the good sense of comic-booky and exaggerated Sword&Sorcery tropes. AFAICS the setting isn't there for logical discussion but functions as a background for gritty action-adventure with some suspense/horror elements. It has more magic and more non-human species in it than I would expect genre-wise. It happens a lot over the course of the adventure, and the characters are in for a treat.

It's very rules-light, so to speak. You can expect Mythras stat blocks and usage of the Mythras skills. If you know how to convert Mythras stats into Magic World or BRP, then you're done.

Depending on how the GM uses the module and - what's more important - how the characters will act, you can expect a lot of combat and action. The module suggests the usage of the Rabble/Underling rules from Mythras, to reflect the pulpy feel of the whole thing. If you want to use MW or BRP, you have to think about a Mook mechanic.
To get the most out of it, I wouldn't recommend grim&gritty D100 rules, where any sword attack can kill your PC instantly

What a comprehensive answer! Thank you! I am thinking of using MW with heroic hit points and maybe some form of luck points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simlasa said:

I bought it, but have been told not to read it yet... looks like it might get into play sometime soonish.

Sorry Simlasa! I was hoping to run it this weekend if we can get enough players. Looks fun though we might have to pulp are normal rules up a bit.