Humakt holy days

tnli

Humakti have really hard time regaining their Rune Points, like, one chance per season!

I'm pretty sure that in My Glorantha the night before a battle is a Humakt minor holy day, or even greater, if the battle is going to be a big one, for all the Humakti who are about to fight in the said battle. 

Divine displeasure will come to those who abuse this, by calling a skirmish against some farmers a battle. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tnli said:

Humakti have really hard time regaining their Rune Points, like, one chance per season!

Ooh nasty, did not know that, and no associated cults... ouch! So, they are OP once per season if what you say is so... puts a whole new spin on the Humakti...  Time to buy votive candles and lots of them. 

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

10 hours ago, tnli said:

Although Humakt has no associate cults (severing and all that), in the Orlanth pantheon, he is Orlanth's sword. At any Orlanth temple that includes a shrine to Humakt, I would allow a Humakti to attempt to regain rune points on Orlanth's Seasonal and High holy days as part of Orlanth's ceremonies. It's a great opportunity for roleplaying, I would have a special part of the ceremony where Orlanth's regalia is acknowledged. For example Babeester Gor isn't an associate cult of Orlanth, but is his axe. The Arming of Orlanth (in KoS & Heortling Mythology) names these things. These are mythological associates, as opposed to associate cults that give magic.

I would also allow Orlanth shrines to have a sword in them, that would count if maintained as a site.

This kind of site creation activity I encourage in my players.

• Like 5

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Since the RP recovery bonus lists "Weekly or other minor holy days" as a bonus to the roll - I have given all my players the option of a weekly holy day for their cults.  Orlanth Windday, Ernalday Clayday, Eurmal Wildday, Yelmalio Fireday, etc  I haven't yet had a Humakt initiate but I would offer either Windday as a former son of Umath, or Godday as the option.  But I do like the idea of offering a minor holy day to commemorate or perpare for a major battle subject to the local priest/high priest's decision.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

I have given all my players the option of a weekly holy day for their cults.

This is the most fair and logical.  Why a few big cults rate weekly holy days and most other cults don't is unfair and a bit stupid.  Orlanth and Ernalda are already greatly favored in rune point recovery by their large pantheon of Associate cults.  They don't need the added benefit of weekly holy days.

"Hey, Elmal, I like horses and all, but until you offer similar Rune Point recovery, plus free delivery, like that Orlanth guy, I'm sticking with him."

• Like 1