Sky realm Qs

Snugz

Hi, random Qs from running the Boat Planet/Sky Ship quest in my Western Glorantha game:

If you are in the Sky realm, looking up from the Sky River toward the top of the dome, is the 'sky' golden not blue?

Arkat has a constellation. Did he "steal" the original star in it from Nysalor/Gbaji?

40 minutes ago, Snugz said:

If you are in the Sky realm, looking up from the Sky River toward the top of the dome, is the 'sky' golden not blue?

The only description we really have is that Dayzatar (whose realm this is) is described as the Shining Sky.  

40 minutes ago, Snugz said:

Arkat has a constellation. Did he "steal" the original star in it from Nysalor/Gbaji?

The original constellation was the Dove which was around before the Sumstop.  

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on your mythical and temporal context, and when exactly the Sky River forced its way into the sky.

The first time (in the Golden Age) the stars became visible was when Umath disrupted the Perfect Sky (copper tablet 5, or so) and sent one of the planetary sons of Yelm fleeing through Stormgate, which then became Stargate, with all the stars flooding into the sky. (There is a good possibility that the stars had already been in those positions prior to Yelm descending to his first height and usurping the emperorship, but then got obscured by his golden dome.)

Monomythically, the golden sky turned blue when Lorian rose up and conquered it. The light above may have been white, silvery, or silvery blue. Tin is the Sky Metal, and I can see the original Aether burning in a bluish transparent or a bluish white flame.

A semi-transparent outer globe, letting in some of the actinic glow of random creation and uncreation beyond the world, would be my favored description. Patterns like the aurora borealis, blinking in and out of existence. Some form of mind-devouring disco effect with strobes, UV, lasershows right into your brain, etc., only somewhat shielded by the hazy glow of Dayzatar as recipient of the unbearable beam of light from the Ultimate, looking for Yelm to receive it to give day to the world, and distributing smaller amounts to the various stars.

Seeing the light is illuminating. Perceiving where the light emanates is transcendent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

The Eleven Lights says (when heroquesting in the Sky World)

When someone looks up, they just see a diffuse brightness — Dayzatar, the Sky of the Sky.

On 2/2/2021 at 1:44 AM, Joerg said:

Some form of mind-devouring disco effect with strobes, UV, lasershows right into your brain, etc., only somewhat shielded by the hazy glow of Dayzatar as recipient of the unbearable beam of light from the Ultimate, looking for Yelm to receive it to give day to the world, and distributing smaller amounts to the various stars.

I really don't think all heroquesting into the Sky world should be about going crazy every time you look up. 

On 2/2/2021 at 1:44 AM, Joerg said:

Seeing the light is illuminating.

And I still think you are totally wrong about Dayzatar being a mystic entity, and we should keep Illumination out of it. But even if you were right, the whole point of Dayzatar is he strives to make himself distant from even the rest of the Sky World. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 7:32 AM, Snugz said:

Probably, as you are on the Sky River, which turned the Sky blue, so the real Sky is above you.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here