Merrie England available on Nov 28th

RosenMcStern

The Duchess of Aquitaine and Queen of England is here.

MerrieEngland.jpg

In this book you will find:

- Gaming information about Medieval England and its inhabitants

- an improved version of Christian and Muslim divine magic (better than the version found in Stupor Mundi)

- wound infections, alchemical concoctions and bargains with demons

- English traditional monsters

- Eleanor of Aquitaine, Richard the Lionhearted, John Lackland and Robin Hood

- an introductory adventure involving a Jewish moneylender and a debit note

- a stunning, stylish cover by Tiziano Baracchi and a wagonload of original artwork

The author is Simon Phipp, aka Soltakss.

All this for Mongoose RuneQuest, but as usual unsing the stuff for BRP is extremely easy. The book is 80 pages and the graphic presentation and internal artwork is better than Stupor Mundi, but suggested retail price is EUR 19,95, like Stupor Mundi.

You will find the book at Dragonmeet in London on November the 28th. Leisure Games will have copies for sale at the convention. Take advantage of this opportunity and have your copy signed by the Author, who will be there. Online sales for those unfortunate enough to miss Dragonmeet will start on November 28th, too.

Allow me to take advantage of the opportunity to thank all who appreciated and bought BRP Rome. It did really well.

Edited by RosenMcStern

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Ah, Eleanor, one of my favourite medieval characters - as soon as my role-

playing games budget has recovered ... :)

By the way, should it not be "Aquitaine" (not nitpicking, just asking - most

historical books seem to use Aquitaine) ?

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

The Duchess of Aquitaine and Queen of England is here.

MerrieEngland.jpg

In this book you will find:

- Gaming information about Medieval England and its inhabitants

- an improved version of Christian and Muslim divine magic (better than the version found in Stupor Mundi)

- wound infections, alchemical concoctions and bargains with demons

- English traditional monsters

- Eleanor of Aquitaine, Richard the Lionhearted, John Lackland and Robin Hood

- an introductory adventure involving a Jewish moneylender and a debit note

- a stunning, stylish cover by Tiziano Baracchi and a wagonload of original artwork

The author is Simon Phipp, aka Soltakss.

All this for Mongoose RuneQuest, but as usual unsing the stuff for BRP is extremely easy. The book is 80 pages and the graphic presentation and internal artwork is better than Stupor Mundi, but suggested retail price is EUR 19,95, like Stupor Mundi.

You will find the book at Dragonmeet in London on November the 28th. Leisure Games will have copies for sale at the convention. Take advantage of this opportunity and have your copy signed by the Author, who will be there. Online sales for those unfortunate enough to miss Dragonmeet will start on November 28th, too.

Allow me to take advantage of the opportunity to thank all who appreciated and bought BRP Rome. It did really well.

Rough-ish ETA to the left side of The Pond?

SDLeary

Merrie England:Age of Eleanor has a very nice cover, beautiful deep colours. My opinion of artwork in supplements is that it takes up space that text could better fill, but the cover is stupendous and the internal artwork is very good indeed.

I'll be at Dragonmeet, for the first time, having ventured out of my cosy Conjunction/Convulsions/Continuum/Tentacles convention corner. If you want to ask me about Merrie England then go ahead. I'm not so sure about the signing thing - I don't normally deface books - but if Paolo insists ...

There are two or three Merrie England supplements sketched out for next year which I should hopefully be able to finish. Maybe Alephtar Games can be persuaded to publish them, if so they could be coming out in 2010 or 2011. If there is enough interest I'll probably do a couple more, if not then I can always publish support material online.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Hopefully plenty of Troubadours singing the prowess of Occitan knights and the treachery of the evil Frenchmen

There are troubadours, of course, and minstrels (not the same thing) but I have downplayed the Occitan influences for the main book, except to highlight the tensions between the Normans and the Angevins and to illustrate briefly that Richard the Lionheart is virtually a Troubadour himself.

If I do Merrie England:The Court of Love then it will be heavily into Courtly Love, Chivalry, Troubadours and so on, but that is based in Aquitaine rather than England, so it will have a different flavour.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here