Kerofini?

g33k

Is this still a "canonical" term for the Tarsh Exiles / Old-Tarsh folk?

Are their Tribes listed -- or even expanded/explained -- in any source?

(preferably a source unlikely to be contradicted, when Chaosium gets 'round to detailing Old Tarsh ...  Not that I'm unwilling to just Make Shit Up, and overrule canon!  But the less I  have to  do so, the better (imho/ygmv) ) .

C'es ne pas un .sig

46 minutes ago, g33k said:

(preferably a source unlikely to be contradicted, when Chaosium gets 'round to detailing Old Tarsh ...  Not that I'm unwilling to just Make Shit Up, and overrule canon!  But the less I  have to  do so, the better (imho/ygmv) ) .

The RQG book briefly describes the Hendarli Tribe on pg. 130 in a boxed text.

9 hours ago, g33k said:

Wyrms Footnotes 15 says, " Earth Tarsh. These tribes from the area around Wintertop and Shakeland, and are often called the Kerofini." and KoS 2nd ed uses it throughout.

I would treat it as a name that is used by a particular group to refer to them. Perhaps it's the (Lunar) Tarshites who use that term to differentiate. Don't forget at the Dawn, their surviving settlement was Maranaba, so they may have been their name then.

RQG uses "The Tarsh Exiles or Old Tarshites"

Perhaps only those tribes that are actually at the base of Kero Fin are now the Kero Fini (and likely have shrines to her).

9 hours ago, g33k said:

As mentioned above, the Hendarli tribe / clan are mentioned in KoS 2ed and Wyrms Footnotes 15.

The Unspoken Word, Tarsh in Flames (2001) and In Wintertop's Shadow (2002) have the following tribes:

• Marantaros
  • lristaros
  • Hendarli
  • Mithchuinn

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

One needs to think of what the Tarsh Exiles are - they are the rump of the former breakaway rump centered on Bagnot. When Phargentes defeated Palashee in 1555, Dunstop, Bagnot, and Slavewall, as well as Wintertop and Shaker Temple, were unified together as the Tarsh Exiles. By 1582, Dunstop, Bagnot and Slavewall had fallen to the Lunar Empire, but the Lunars wisely did not move on the Shaker Temple. Many of the inhabitants of the Bush Ranges fled to what is now Alone.

So Wintertop is a high mountain valley at the base of Kero Fin Mountain, whose independence is preserved by its geographic isolation and by the Shaker Temple. They are also called the Hendarli tribe, after that old kinship group, although they definitely lack the traditions and magical guardians of the old Tarsh Kings. There are other kinship groups that claim autonomy, like the ruler of Iristhold. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1