Stuff

Jarulf

Looks like one I'll be putting on the free shipping wagon if the print run was big enough to hold out a few months.

Does anyone else here have a "mild" tendency to hoard game books that you _may_ get some use out of?

If I had a dollar for every game book I never actually used I could, well, buy more game books I _may_ get some use out of.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Looks like one I'll be putting on the free shipping wagon if the print run was big enough to hold out a few months.

Does anyone else here have a "mild" tendency to hoard game books that you _may_ get some use out of?

I have an extra room for all the game books that I_may_get some use out of, just ask my wife.

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

If I had a dollar for every game book I never actually used I could, well, buy more game books I _may_ get some use out of.

That was one thing about Mongoose's marketing strategy that struck e as interesting (and a bit "wrong"). According to them (well, according to Matt Sprange, I believe), 80% of the RPGs sold just sit of a shelf and aren't used.

The bit that irked me was that it was used as a sort of excuse for the haphazard rule system. The idea being, why worry about the small, but vocal minority who are using the system, since the overwhelming majority who bought the book don't even use the book.

Personally, I try to use most of the RPG books I've bought in some fashion. For example, I own the Bermuda Triangle supplement for Call of Cthulhu. I've never used it for CoC, but have used it for the James Bond RPG. The Triangle book is probably the best RPG sourcebook on the modern Caribbean, the site of most of literary Bond's adventures. In truth I bought the sourcebook specifically for use in the Bond RPG!

In a similar fashion, I try to find useful bits and peices in all my books. Setting books are quite useful. Stuff in GURPS Rome can be quite useful for a BRP Rome campaign, and d20/SAGA Star Wars stuff can be useful for a d6 Star Wars campaign. Sp there is very little that I never use.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.