Chaosium Interviews: The RuneQuest Grand Campaign with Jeff Richard

MOB

The stakes for this campaign are very high, it's incredibly ambitious, not only making an End Times but letting the players really interact and change things. What I really hope is that the campaign will be open for the players to not be exclusively ravid Sartarite nationalists and Orlanthi fundamentalists. If it could be adapted for having the characters on the lunar side would be awesome, but I really doubt it will happen, so I'm content with the only way of going through the campaign not be following Argrath like a pack of puppies (even though if the players really want that then I'm okay with it). Really looking forward to it in any case.

• Like 3

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

I really hope that Jeff et al, does only give a skeletal outline of the Hero Wars. The bulk of the book should be about how to flesh out a campaign that will inevitably deviate from official KoS propaganda.

No more 'huge amounts of text about background and whatnot' is a great step forwards. 

8 hours ago, jongjom said:

I really hope that Jeff et al, does only give a skeletal outline of the Hero Wars.

One of my most abiding gaming memories was going to my first convention, Conjunction of a Million Spheres, and listening to Greg Stafford giving a talk, where he read from what was to become King of Sartar, describing very roughly how the Hero Wars were going to pan out. I think he ended by bringing back Sheng Seleris, and you could hear the gasps going around the room.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 4/13/2021 at 1:49 AM, Rodney Dangerduck said:

Gasps because this was so unexpected?  Or because this is so obviously a horrible psychopathic idea?

Both

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here