Let's Talk About Geo For a Minute

svensson

OK, we've all seen the 'Geo's [whatever] Inn' locations all over the Sartar map.

Obviously, this is nod to the old 'Eat at Joe's' sandwich boards... things so iconic in their era that they showed up in Looney Toons cartoons.

There are also references to Geo being on of Sartar's companions and being elevated to a Hero-God and that his inns are 'temples'.

Somewhere in RQ2 apocrypha I've even seen a Cult of Geo in an issue of Different Worlds, though I'll be damned if I remember the issue number.

So has anyone decided to update Geo, his Cult, and the benefits of staying at his Inns?

• Thanks 1

The most recent publication is in the Cult Compendium (2002) originally in Tales #3 (1990). See here: https://www.chaosium.com/cult-compendium-pdf/

The most up to date info is in Heortling Mythology (2010), Appendix C, Orlanthi Heroes and Hero Cults, Page 178

An updated version should be in something like the Sartar pack (what ever form it's in), there's also a Geo's in Jonstown...

• Like 3

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

9 hours ago, svensson said:

OK, we've all seen the 'Geo's [whatever] Inn' locations all over the Sartar map.

Obviously, this is nod to the old 'Eat at Joe's' sandwich boards... things so iconic in their era that they showed up in Looney Toons cartoons.

There are also references to Geo being on of Sartar's companions and being elevated to a Hero-God and that his inns are 'temples'.

Somewhere in RQ2 apocrypha I've even seen a Cult of Geo in an issue of Different Worlds, though I'll be damned if I remember the issue number.

So has anyone decided to update Geo, his Cult, and the benefits of staying at his Inns?

Geo is in the Sartar Book. His network of inns have renewed importance now that Sartar is ruled by a member of the Sartar Dynasty.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Geo is in the Sartar Book. His network of inns have renewed importance now that Sartar is ruled by a member of the Sartar Dynasty.

'The Sartar Book'... the upcoming Sartar Sourcebook or the HQ Sartar Kingdom of Heroes?

2 hours ago, svensson said:

'The Sartar Book'... the upcoming Sartar Sourcebook or the HQ Sartar Kingdom of Heroes?

HSKH has a map of all the Geo's Inns and a sidebar on their origins and purpose as a refuge for Sartarites.

There are 16 on the map and a 17th in Pavis, IIRC.

Ahh yes, New Pavis Geo's is on pages 200-1 of Pavis:  Gateway to Adventure, and gives more detail on the interior of the inns.  And briefly discusses the Geo Hospitality Cult (which just has the Communications rune)