Mythic Babylon Now Available

lawrence.whitaker

I'm probably gonna pick this up for my 'sort-of Atlantis' campaign.

In my campaign-canon, the Fertile Crescent and Egypt are 'Atalan's' competitors for influence and are the only peoples they're in contact with that aren't considered barbarians.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Well sir, they tell me it is in Jamaica... Jamaica NY to be sure and has been there for 5 days...

Lulu shipping has always been pretty glacially slow for me, and I don't even mean the print-to-ship process. For some reason when their books enter the FedEx chain, it's always 2-3 weeks before I see it.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:34 AM, svensson said:

I'm probably gonna pick this up for my 'sort-of Atlantis' campaign.

In my campaign-canon, the Fertile Crescent and Egypt are 'Atalan's' competitors for influence and are the only peoples they're in contact with that aren't considered barbarians.

I would love to hear more about your plans. 

On 7/4/2021 at 8:45 AM, 1000buffalo said:

I would love to hear more about your plans. 

Well this is a 'teach my nieces gaming' campaign, so I can't get too meta-plot with it.

I'm presenting the Atalans as the most advanced race on Earth. They have very positive things about them... they practice excellent hygiene for the age, they don't keep slaves [but they do indenture war captives for a decade before releasing them], women have full equality, and they're not imperialistic conquerors. But they're also VERY prideful. They consider all other cultures to be barbarians, though they do give credit to the efforts of Egyptians and Babylon. But everyone else can go kick rocks... oh, the Atalans will trade with them and trade fairly but they have little actual respect for them. To a certain extent, I imagine them to have the Victorian British attitude about 'fuzzy wuzzy', patronizing, condescending, and generalized ['Oh, all those Hesperians are like that...']

But I need some source material to work with in the Land of the Ziggurats, and something that is RQ /BRP centric will be very helpful!

• Like 1