Asrelia's Treasures?

Martin

We know that Asrelia gave many treasures to mortals, like the Green Basket for example...

Does anyone care to speculate on the other treasures she did not give out, or ones she gave out that were lost or taken back?

Edited by Martin

8 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

The Ten Treasures of the Vingkotlings might contain some that were originally from Arselia. I forget what they are, but several of them were lost, at the very least.

Yes i already took account that some of those came from her, what i am wondering is are there more or ones she never gave out or gave to other people?

• Like 1

Fragment 1645 by Greg Stafford, Tales of the Reaching Moon #7 (1992), pages 8-9) 

twelve Bountiful Treasures and Seven Deadly Guardians.

The Blessing of Seeds

the Happy Pigs

the Shield from Hailstones

the Maker of Fine Horses

Edited by David Scott

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

46 minutes ago, Martin said:

Yes i already took account that some of those came from her, what i am wondering is are there more or ones she never gave out or gave to other people?

I've read that in Kethaela, Asrelia is considered one of Argan Argar's wives (which I always imagined as a case of a bold young suitor gaining the favors of a rich old widow).  There could be many 'lost' riches of Asrelia that are simply hidden by Darkness, waiting for those who know their resting places (or for whom Darkness is no obstacle) to retrieve them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Martin said:

Does anyone care to speculate on the other treasures she did not give out, or ones she gave out that were lost or taken back?

When my players went off to rescue Orane, they had the opportunity to reach into the Dancing Jar.  These are what I used and had them roll for:

Twelve are the Treasures / Great bounty within

And Seven the Guards / Their deadly mouths grin.

D20  Treasure

1. Roll twice again.
  2. Bounty 1 - the Happy Pig
  3. Bounty 2 - the Making of Fine Horses
  4. Bounty 3 - the Blessing of Seeds
  5. Bounty 4 - the Shield from Hailstones
  6. Bounty 5 - the Loom of Harmony
  7. Bounty 6 - the Pot of Plentiful Porridge
  8. Bounty 7 - the Spindle of Strong String
  9. Bounty 8 - the Grain Storing Jar
  10. Bounty 9 - the Fire-gem Stones
  11. Bounty 10 - the Baby Basket
  12. Bounty 11 - the Milk-bearing Goat
  13. Bounty 12 - the Necklace of Enlivenment
  14. Guardian 1 - the Pig Dog
  15. Guardian 2 - the Twin Snakes
  16. Guardian 3 - the Shaking Worm
  17. Guardian 4 - the Winged Serpent
  18. Guardian 5 - the Rolling Stoneface
  19. Guardian 6 - the Heavy Earth Son
  20. Guardian 7 - the Nakasa
  • Like 1

So do we have any ideas of the treasures that are in her Secret Vault under her seat? The unique treasures like the Green Basket that have a power of their own and a divine sentience decide who they serve? 

Or does she bring out a few treasures from their each time to stake in the dancing jar?

Edited by Martin

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

So do we have any ideas of the treasures that are in her Secret Vault under her seat?

Sentient Gems, the Thread of Life, the Unformed Clay, the Five Sons of Stone, the Forgotten Daughters, the Cave of Living Crystal, the Earthblood Pot, the Firebone Staff, the Eye of Gold, the Diamond Draught, the Copper Snakes, the Life-bearing Loam, ... (and I'm sure the list goes on).

Note that the Dwarfs may well have access to some or many of these.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Sentient Gems, the Thread of Life, the Unformed Clay, the Five Sons of Stone, the Forgotten Daughters, the Cave of Living Crystal, the Earthblood Pot, the Firebone Staff, the Eye of Gold, the Diamond Draught, the Copper Snakes, the Life-bearing Loam, ... (and I'm sure the list goes on).

Note that the Dwarfs may well have access to some or many of these.

thank you some nice ideas there  🙂