OpenQuest 3rd Edition now available from D101Games.com

Newt

I am proud to announce that OpenQuest 3rd Edition is now generally available from D101 Games web store in both pdf only and Print + Pdf bundle.

I've got a limited amount of the printed version of the book, with sewn pages, end papers, ribbon, and eight colour plates, left over from the Kickstarter, and that's what I'm selling until they are gone. 

I’m still in the process of setting up the product on drivethrurpg.com and lulu.com and will let people know when I’ve released them via my Twitter account, @d101games, later this week/early next.

openquest-banner-on-sale.png

• Like 5

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Got my OpenQuest rulebook today thread is closed, I'll add that I got my OpenQuest3 rulebook today! 😄 Thanks Newt! I like the layout and font choice more than OQ2; it just seems more readable to me, enticing even. So far I haven't got to any bits which are vastly different in content than its predecessor but I'm looking forward to reading it in full.

I admit in spite of good intentions I haven't used OQ in a game yet; probably won't while my Elric! copies are still intact. My gaming gang is stable and mostly play what we play. But OQ still interesting to mine for good ideas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How hard would it be to get OpenQuest 3 an ISBN? It's not a big deal, I ask merely because I wanted to add it to my Librarything RPG library. It didn't show up in the search there, though the Jackals games do (they have ISBNs or ASINs or whatever). Several people on Librarything, including me have added various editions of OpenQuest manually, but those aren't shareable.

• 3 months later...
  • Newt unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

Hi! I just bought the 3ed of OpenQuest. I like the layout and it feels a polished system. I think it has just become my favorite d100 implementation. I'm just a little weary about how the 100% cap in skills may work in-game.

I'm planning to adapt River of Heaven to these new rules. Are there any conflicting rules to watch out?

Thanks in advance.

Check my Lobo Blanco - Elric RPG (now in english!)

On 5/17/2023 at 6:44 PM, el_octogono said:

Hi! I just bought the 3ed of OpenQuest. I like the layout and it feels a polished system. I think it has just become my favorite d100 implementation.

Awesome! That's something I always like to hear 🙂

I'm just a little weary about how the 100% cap in skills may work in-game.

Don't be. I've used the rules as written to successfully manage a couple of players who have hit 100% in the skill areas they have chosen to focus on putting their growth points into after 40 sessions of play. It could probably do with some explanation and a blog post about my experiences at openquestrpg at some point. 

I'm planning to adapt River of Heaven to these new rules. Are there any conflicting rules to watch out?

I've got a document where I'm working on a revised 2nd edition of River of Heaven. It be put to one side while I work on Blasters and Lasers (which is a much more straightforward Sci-fi game), which will probably feed back into River of Heaven 2nd. But the main areas are take the professions and give values to the suggested skills, strip out the complexity of the guns rules, and augmentations are going to be revised so they are more like the one magic system in the OpenQuest companion - with counting of Bio Energy points. 

• Like 4

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain