Monograph you would most like to see an adventure for?

Which BRP monograph do you most want an adventure for?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which BRP monograph do you most want an adventure for?

• Aces High
    • Ashes to Ashes
    • Agents of the Crown
    • Berlin '61
    • BRP Witchcraft
    • Classic Fantasy
    • Fractured Hopes
    • The Green
    • Val-du-Loup
    • Other (explain)

This is sort of a companion to the other poll - which of the published monographs would you like to see a new adventure for most of all, whether it's a companion adventure to a monograph that was itself an adventure, or a "how to..." adventure that shows how to implement ideas from a monograph that was purely a rules supplement?

Not sure I can fit all the relevant mono's in one poll mind...

Nick

I picked 'other' because what I'd most like to see are some adventures for Rome, which isn't a monograph. Yes, I know that Veni Vidi Vici is available, but sadly only in PDF format which I know I'll never read (I already have a lot of pdf's I bought and have never read - and probably never will).

As an aside, if I was going to submit an adventure, I would probably prefer to use my own material than riff off someone else's setting. I think I would have this nagging fear of not quite getting their setting right. But maybe that's just silly.

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Actually I have used Witches within my fantasy campaign now for years. The Witchs of Murasi , are viewed by the people almost as Gods (The Immortal Witch Kings) chosen. it is said that they get their powers from deal with Demons, and are considered to practice Dark Arts and ways. It is also said that they do human sacrafice and can drain power from the land and living as well too. They are greatly feared by all, and go out of their way to attack any other religious beliefs within their lands. They are a Dark Force to stay clear of.

Also note in my campaign realm I always start my players within the small Kingdom of Jhorgule, where I have run using it now for 25 years. The main church of Jhorgule prays to a god called Bahlidoar - he is the One true God (think Christian/Chatolic god).Bahlidoar uses Angels and Saints as his chosen to communicate with his believers. His counter is a Fallen One (Former lead Angel) called Ulric (think the Devil of the Christian/Catholic faith). Ulric uses Demons and Daemons (Evil Souls) to do his biddings. Now also in the same area many of the people still hold or maintain beliefs in the Old Gods of; Tempest, Krumm, Belisame, Epona, Ogmios, and Teutates. These gods were Celtic and Norse in Nature.

Now the Witch King of Murasi has been trying to make inroads into spreading his own faith/control into the Kingdom of Jhorgule for a long time. Ulric seems to be aiding The Witch King, but the connection is not truely understand. They do seem to be at odds at times as well too.

Just a bit to know where I am comming and what I might write about in a adventure.

Penn

Old time RPGer of +34 yrs, player/DM/GM.

I picked 'other' because what I'd most like to see are some adventures for Rome, which isn't a monograph. Yes, I know that Veni Vidi Vici is available, but sadly only in PDF format which I know I'll never read (I already have a lot of pdf's I bought and have never read - and probably never will).

Given that there is also a Cthulhu Invictus adventure contest running in parallel, and Miskatonic River Press have a CI campaign in editing, I'd say that, if you are willing to put up with some Cthulhu Mythos in your Roman material (or are willing to de-Mythos it) there should be plenty of Roman material about soon...

As an aside, if I was going to submit an adventure, I would probably prefer to use my own material than riff off someone else's setting. I think I would have this nagging fear of not quite getting their setting right. But maybe that's just silly.

Oh, I quite understand that apprehension. And part of the fun of these adventure contests is that people can indulge themselves and try anything. I just thought it was an interesting companion question to the one about genre to see which of the current monographs people are keenest to see an adventure for...

Nick

I really like Oscar's Invictus adventure monographs so far (still reading) so I would definitely pick up a new book of them. I find them broadly applicable to fantasy, not just Cthulhu, which is good.

But my interest in seeing Rome supplements actually has more to do with seeing adventures done in an old historical period that weren't heavily supernatural. Pete's talked about doing something like that in the future, so I remain hopeful.

I picked Agents of the Crown, primarily because I've been on a big 19th century kick lately.

20 years of interesting history.

Historical maps are actually useful to players (and therefore likely post medieval).

Transliteration required, so the maps are not only in a different language, but a different alphabet.

19th C. Kick.

Hmmm....

Chinese Gordon and The Taiping Rebellion?

Ok just a quick question then, what happens to the Adventures that get picked? Do they make a collection of sorts and sell it as a .pdf amd "printed" version book?

Penn

When you finally get your copy of BRP ADVENTURES and THE RIVER TERROR you'll find out.

20 years of interesting history.

Historical maps are actually useful to players (and therefore likely post medieval).

Transliteration required, so the maps are not only in a different language, but a different alphabet.

19th C. Kick.

Hmmm....

Chinese Gordon and The Taiping Rebellion?

Keep trying. One day you may hit the nail on the head ;)

But my interest in seeing Rome supplements actually has more to do with seeing adventures done in an old historical period that weren't heavily supernatural. Pete's talked about doing something like that in the future, so I remain hopeful.

Unfortunately, working for Mongoose has sucked up all my time. So no chance of a Rome campaign from me in the near future. It doesn't stop anyone else having a go though! :D

• 2 weeks later...