Runquest VTT Support

GothmogIV

Hello, friends! I am about to start designing a hybrid BRP/Runequest campaign. I have been using Roll20 to run both Call of Cthulhu and D&D5e. Sadly, neither BRP nor Runequest has a ton of support on that platform. There are character sheets, but not much else. Does anyone have any suggestions--different VTT platforms, or some resources--to make running a BRP/Runequest game on a VTT? 

Roll20 (the platform I am most familiar with) makes it easy to play Call of Cthulhu and D&D. I am hoping that Chaosium is going to jump into this particular ring and get some support out there for their other games. I am a bona fide Chaosium junkie; I love their games and their gaming system...but it's hard to play online, and as a 52 year old dude playing with friends from all over virtually, it makes it difficult to continue using their system.

This does not spark joy.

Any suggestions will be most welcome!

11 hours ago, GothmogIV said:

Very helpful, brother, thank you. I actually asked someone working at Chaosium if they were working on Roll20 support for RQ, and he said yes, so that's a hopeful sign.

Chaosium have stated they are planning to have RQ support on multiple VTTs and are working with the platforms on that, which will understandably take time.  If you are on Roll20 the community character sheet is excellent and makes a big difference.

Edited by RandomNumber
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, GothmogIV said:

..... I love their games and their gaming system...but it's hard to play online, and as a 52 year old dude playing with friends from all over virtually, it makes it difficult to continue using their system.

This does not spark joy.

Any suggestions will be most welcome!

Suggestion:

Play "theater of the mind" just as many people do face to face.  You don't need the roll20 graphics nor do you need an electronic  die roller.  I am having fun GM'ing on Zoom.

I'm running Pathfinder 2e on Fantasy Grounds Unity, which, in terms of automation is a great VTT to use. It isn't free, though. The GM can get the license and that should be enough, if I remember correctly. There's a user building the Runequest Glorantha system for it as well. See his twitter for more information and screenshots:

Perhaps it's something to keep in mind for the long run.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marc said:

I've just updated the help file I created for the Roll20 character sheet.  You can get it in the downloads section, here. Feedback is appreciated

Thanks Marc. FYI folks I’ve been reviewing earlier versions of this, and it’s a really useful reference for the Roll20 character sheet. Highly recommended. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...