Jason and Mythic Iceland's writing style...

smiorgan

Charles Green is brilliant and he should be let loose to develop whatever he wants. He has an amazing ability to balance game mechanics with genre, while keeping everything simple.

Edit: Also, whoever is doing the edit on these interviews, stop adding in a cross fade. Just use a simple cut. Cross fades imply the passage of time. 

Edited by Chaot
  • Like 3

70/420

The two books that make up Mythic Iceland are through editing and are now waiting for art direction. 

They were edited by Leslee Beldotti, who, like me, has extensive experience in computer game and tabletop editing, and also, like me, lives in Berlin. Her being local helped immensely as we were able to meet for coffee on a regular basis and hash out elements that were in question, and being in the same time zone meant questions/answers were handled quickly, vs an eight-to-twenty-four-hour delay. 

She's currently editing the completed portions of Lord of the Middle Sea

We're sorting out an art director for the project right now, and once that deal is signed they'll be firing off art assignments and getting maps done. 

Covers, I am hoping, will be done by a longtime regular artist well-known to RuneQuest fans. 

I don't know Charles Green personally. Though I'm aware of his work and have communicated with him in the past, I have no idea what he's up to and the last communication we had was as part of the team of the ill-fated Magic World, ten years ago.  

I'm not sure why he was referred to here, to be honest. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jason D said:

The two books that make up Mythic Iceland are through editing and are now waiting for art direction. 

They were edited by Leslee Beldotti, who, like me, has extensive experience in computer game and tabletop editing, and also, like me, lives in Berlin. Her being local helped immensely as we were able to meet for coffee on a regular basis and hash out elements that were in question, and being in the same time zone meant questions/answers were handled quickly, vs an eight-to-twenty-four-hour delay. 

She's currently editing the completed portions of Lord of the Middle Sea

We're sorting out an art director for the project right now, and once that deal is signed they'll be firing off art assignments and getting maps done. 

Covers, I am hoping, will be done by a longtime regular artist well-known to RuneQuest fans. 

I don't know Charles Green personally. Though I'm aware of his work and have communicated with him in the past, I have no idea what he's up to and the last communication we had was as part of the team of the ill-fated Magic World, ten years ago.  

I'm not sure why he was referred to here, to be honest. 

Thanks for the insight Jason.

Can you share at this point how Mythic Iceland compares rulewise with the previous edition?

Does it lean more towards RQG? CoC7?

Does it use Stike Ranks? Skill categories? The resistance table?

Any system innovation worth mentioning?

How does rune magic work?

Cheers!

9 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Can you share at this point how Mythic Iceland compares rulewise with the previous edition?

Last time I heard something about this new edition it was to be definitely more like RQG than CoC - which makes sense to me. It's true that the previous edition had a split personality - half BRP/RQ3 with Strike Ranks and all, half CoC.

On 10/2/2022 at 11:29 PM, DreadDomain said:

Cheers!

It is built on RQG, though some streamlining has been done. I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment, but will try to get back to answering this with more detail. 

• Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, and I realised you were planning to answer this.

On 10/3/2022 at 7:29 AM, DreadDomain said:

Cheers!

On 10/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, Jason D said:

It is built on RQG, though some streamlining has been done. I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment, but will try to get back to answering this with more detail.