Pendragon Community Publishing Plan

Hi everyone--

Has Chaosium given any specifics about the community publishing (i.e. Miskatonic Repository) plan for the new edition of Pendragon?

Specifically, I'm wondering if it will allow for non-Arthurian supplements. For example, if I wanted to create a supplement about another medieval epic like El Cid or Beowulf, would these sort of projects be possible? I know past editions of Pendragon have gone in this direction ('Land of Giants' being a good example).

I've been loosely developing some project ideas in this direction for a few years now (while I've been in grad school) and it's often struck me that Pendragon would be the perfect system for such things...but I'm not sure if these will be possible under Chaosium's forthcoming policy.

Any insights/clues/prognostications about the future would be appreciated!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roman said:

I would love to see more books for Paladin! 

So say we all. It's such a fascinating variant of the Pendragon rules, and the setting is absolutely massive in scope (virtually all of Europe and a few spots beyond...and that's not even including fairy realms).

In a just universe, there would be a whole shelf of Paladin expansions! A generous community publishing plan can move us in this direction.

• Like 1

I think we need a complex summoning-ritual for this idea... likely calling forth two different esoteric entities, such as @sirlarkins & uhhh... is anyone running all Chaosium's Community Content programs?  Is that @Jeff?  I only know of the RQ/JC ambassador, @Nick Brooke, but I add his True Name to the summons too, in hopes he will help us track down the relevant person(s)...

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, Origen said:

... A generous community publishing plan can move us in this direction.

n.b. it's likely to be one standard for all "community content," without any extra "generosity" for Pendragon (or Paladin).

That said, IIRC the author/creator share is 50%, which (for small / indie press) is an incredibly-high percentage of revenue! 

C'es ne pas un .sig

Hullo everyone,

Putting on my Chaosium Community Content Ambassador hat, or in this case a helm:

Guidelines for the Pendragon community content program are being finalised, and will be published when the program is formally announced.

Until then, the existing programs for RuneQuest and Call of Cthulhu are a useful guide.

Best,

Mark

• Like 8
  • Helpful 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2023 at 6:34 AM, Origen said:

Any updates as we approach the Pendragon starter set launch?

Also: Mark, are you able to confirm whether or not Paladin will have a separate community content program or be included within the Pendragon program?

We'll be making announcements about our Pendragon community content program in June.

Note that Paladin is not included for the time being.

• Helpful 1

On 6/1/2023 at 1:17 PM, TrippyHippy said:

On an unrelated note, will there be announcement regarding Le More d’Arthur and The Arthurian Concordance Kickstarter soon too? 

Those projects are unrelated to the new Chaosium edition of Pendragon. Any announcements for them will be made on their Kickstarter page first.

• Helpful 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2023 at 2:54 AM, MOB said:

We'll be making announcements about our Pendragon community content program in June.

Note that Paladin is not included for the time being.

Hoping that I didn't miss a June announcement (mentioned above) about community publishing plans.

Any news?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Origen said:

Hoping that I didn't miss a June announcement (mentioned above) about community publishing plans.

As announced by David Larkins in this ENWorld interview:

Charlie: What other support is there beyond the Starter Set, in print or upcoming?
David: 
Soon after the Starter Set launches, Chaosium will be debuting its community content program, The Companions of Arthur, with several products ready for your perusal and many more to come. In addition to The Grey Knight, our next release is The Knight’s Handbook, the “core rules” of the game, as it were (and which will be followed by The Gamemaster’s Handbook and The Noble’s Handbook, which cover the world of Pendragon in even greater detail). And beyond that, frankly, we have several years’ worth of releases lined up—this new edition has been in development for over a decade, and we’re ready to show the world all the exciting stuff we’ve been working on.

11 hours ago, Davidagnome said:

When is the release date for the full 6e rules?

We do not have a release for the core rules yet. About six months out we will make an announcement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1