Urvagal

Martin

8 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Source?

The reference is History of the Heortling Peoples p38

His [ie Hendrik - PHM] Lawman, Darstan Fourtooth, came forth and said, “Good chief, I need to mention to you about a thing we call Urvagal’s Saga, which is our best victories against the chaos of the Stonewoods. Urvagal gave us ways to fight them, and his signs say ‘a Kodigvari will led them against the monsters past stone.’ No one has borne this sign for eight hundred years. I would want to see it myself, in case such a man might be the one spoken of.”

From this Urvagal would have been Garanvuli not Hendriki.  The last person bearing the Kodigvari signs would have been -400 ST and probably was the Hidden King slain by Heort.    Urvagal would have lived after that time, most probably in the century preceding the Dawn.  I get the impression he was a God Talker rather than a Hero.  

• Like 1

Thoughts of a reincarnated hero who will be born to counter the scorpionmen hordes that overrun Backford coming out of the Print come to mind.

It has Hero PC written all over it. Maybe she's a woman with red hair and a Vingan/Storm Bull... love this.

Born 1585, immune to poison even.

As an FYI strange things came up under a search for Urvagal on line...

5 hours ago, metcalph said:

‘a Kodigvari will led them against the monsters past stone.’

Thanks for the reference.

King Broyan is likely the next Kodigvari - it's how he proves he's the heir of Vingkot. And he drives back the chaos out of the Footprint in late 1622 before heading to Nochet.

4 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

It has Hero PC written all over it. Maybe she's a woman with red hair and a Vingan/Storm Bull... love this.

Yes, it's a possibility - certainly an option for post-1625 after Broyan's death. 

2 hours ago, jajagappa said:

King Broyan is likely the next Kodigvari - it's how he proves he's the heir of Vingkot. And he drives back the chaos out of the Footprint in late 1622 before heading to Nochet.

I thought the Kodigvari was a reference to Harmast.

2 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Harmast is the last of the Berenethtelli - I suppose he could have Kodigvari descent too.

In "Ten Women Well Loved" (Greg's 2000s Harmast novel crowd-sourced by Fabian Küchler pre-empting Patreon) Harmast's Berennethtelli tattoo magically morphs into something the Grandmothers recognize as the Kodigvari tribal tattoo, which leads to persecution and having to flee.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

23 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Likely not a dragon but when I searched it pulled up some.

I've got some photos of the Rearing Dragon tattoo, but I am not allowed to share them. 

• Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here