New File-Eventually Fatal Injuries

Atgxtg

I'll have to run some test battles with this later today... it looks pretty straightforward and reasonable... though I think, in practice, it might slow things down just a tad, since I'm likely to use it in conjunction with HP and hit locations.

I didn't notice anything regarding multiple wounds... If I were using just the chart, without HP, how would the wounds add up?

I'll have to run some test battles with this later today... it looks pretty straightforward and reasonable... though I think, in practice, it might slow things down just a tad, since I'm likely to use it in conjunction with HP and hit locations.

I didn't notice anything regarding multiple wounds... If I were using just the chart, without HP, how would the wounds add up?

I suspect they don't; barring blood loss or some shock issues, wounds in the real world just don't operate in a cumulative way the way most game systems think they do. An injury to your arm doesn't make an injury to your torso any worse, in practice.

Would multiple wounds add up to decrease competence though? More distraction, more limited movement, more blood loss leading to more dizzyness?

Realistically, yes and no. In some ways multiple injuries offset each other. Sort of like the old joke about getting rid of a headache by slamming a hammer on your foot. Even blood loss works against itself somewhat. If a chest wound is putting you into shock, an inured limb isn't going to matter much.

As far as my idea goes, I suppose you could use the wound penalty as a modifier to any additional mortality rolls.

If you are using Hit points, then the loss of HPs will take care of itself. In fact, I7d serious consider kicking up the time increment by a factor of x5 or x10 with the HP option. I juet left it out to keep things simple.

BTW, the original idea for the STUN roll was much simpler. Luckx2, Luck roll, and Luck x1/2%

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.