Definitive Timeline? (Who killed Kallyr Starbrow?)

Hellfire6a

1 hour ago, Hellfire6a said:

So adding a Devotion to Harrek just seems to "make sense" for this PC. I guess I am just trying to grasp the "inciting incident" for this devotion.

If you've seen Harrek shrug off a massive sunspear from the heavens that fried everyone around him, you might well consider him a living god. Perhaps his shadow saved your PC from being incinerated?

• Thanks 1

Harrek took you with him when he plundered the City of Wonders, and you’re wondering why you’re personally devoted to him?

Mate, you’re a named supporting character who survived a Conan short story and even shared in the loot! Harrek almost certainly saved your life, knows your name, and helped you win more treasure than you’re ever going to see again!

(Yes, you squandered it: he has that effect on people. But for seasons before play you lived like a King, and you owe it all to Harrek the Berserk.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Harrek took you with him when he plundered the City of Wonders, and you’re wondering why you’re personally devoted to him?

Mate, you’re a named supporting character who survived a Conan short story and even shared in the loot! Harrek almost certainly saved your life, knows your name, and helped you win more treasure than you’re ever going to see again!

(Yes, you squandered it: he has that effect on people. But for seasons before play you lived like a King, and you owe it all to Harrek the Berserk.)

Exactly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

By the way, I love this depiction. I have read the Conan books several times and this is a fantastic way to see this PC. Cheers!

• Thanks 1