Barbie's Dream Quest

brionl

So, I just watched the Barbie Movie and had this crazy idea.

The plot is basically a Heroquest shown from the POV of the inhabitants of the God Plane. All these platonic (barbonic?) ideal Barbies are having the best day ever, living their best life, every single day. Then all of a sudden stuff from the real world starts intruding and things change, and they don't know what to do. Barbie has to go find a Hero to fix things, and things get worse, and things get maybe better, there's a new Barbie (anxiety ridden depression Barbie, with sweat pants), everybody is happy!

Until the next time anyway.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched the Barbie movie, yet, but someone posted some idea on Barbie that related to HeroQuesting. Basically, Barbie takes on many forms, she is a  fashion model, an astronaut, a nurse, a chemist and so on, but she is always recognisable as Barbie. So, Barbie the HeroQuestor takes on the many roles but is still Barbie. That is a good way of understanding what it means to emulate deities on HeroQuests, you are the deity but you are also still Barbie, or yourself.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here