Please slow down with all the great JC releases :-)

Agentorange

1 hour ago, StephenMcG said:

What I can say is that this will be the biggest (and last) version of Glorantha that I ever buy.  By the time I am finished I will never be able to play the content I currently have...not enough game hours left before I hit the Great Game Table in the sky.

I'll be lucky/pleased if I can play out my Imther campaign to a satisfying point and complete all the writing for it that I would like to!

There is such a bounty of material now easily surpassing the rich period of the mid-90s.

It took me a second to spot that the right-hand end of that graph is per quarter and to imagine what it would be like if the scale was consistent.

• Like 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

Man, Chaosium is releasing so many things that I WANT these days it's not even funny 🤣.

The whole happy Cults of RuneQuest train, the Pendragon starter set, the new BRP corebook, and countless JC titles (including the whole Pavis - Rubble - Borderlands series).

And this pretending I don't care about recent Call of Cthulhu releases or Rivers of London - which requires unheard of levels of self-deception!

Seriously, people, we were so happy reminiscing about Chaosium's distant past and discussing house rules and complaining that monographs sucked and you plunge us into a new Chaosium Golden Age? That's not fair! 

That's hubris. You are a bunch of God Learners or worse ...troll-loving illuminated Arkati!

8 hours ago, Brian Duguid said:

It took me a second to spot that the right-hand end of that graph is per quarter and to imagine what it would be like if the scale was consistent.

And I'm not even sure if the Q4 22 got Edge of Empire in since that snuck in right at the end of Dec???

But the pace definitely continues this year. 🙂 

W00t! Furthest is the #4 site-wide best-selling title at DriveThruRPG, and got its Copper best-seller medal (for over fifty sales) on Day 2.IMG_3706.jpeg.45913bb5ff5558b840657c96815e65ac.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jajagappa said:

And I'm not even sure if the Q4 22 got Edge of Empire in since that snuck in right at the end of Dec???

But the pace definitely continues this year. 🙂 

Oh ye of little faith! Of course Q4 22 included Edge of Empire. Here's an updated version. including 2023 YTD and splitting out some Q4 2022 works by creators who have since become prolific enough to deserve their own colour-coding:

image.thumb.png.9e85995f6a6878275142423bf3ec4b79.png

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 1

It is interesting that people have referenced the fanzines of the 90's and early 00's : TOTRM, Book of drastic resolutions, RQ Adventures and so on. because to me the Jonstown Compendium does have some of that feel to it. People spinning off ideas and running with them, people exploring the things about Glorantha that particularly intrigue or excite them, people going " I've got this idea......"

I love the fact that there's such a range of materials out there. From large to small. And i really mean that. I've got a lot of the big flagship releases like the Sandheart series, The Dorastor material from Simon and so on.

But you know what 2 of my favourite releases are ?    Petty Spirits 1 and 2  by Akhelas/Austin Conrad $2.75 for both at the moment. For me those 2 little supplements  represent everything that first drew me into gloranthan gaming to start with, little snippets of gloranthan lore translated into playable material that gives a richness and depth to a setting.

I must admit as an old RQplayer from the 80's the whole tightly knit clan based " hey lets all get involved in the hero wars and be buddies with  prince Argrath " stuff doesn't quite grab me.......So I like the fact that Beer With Teeth are exploring The Wild East of Prax and the Wastelands the news that they might be doing a POD omnibus edition makes me happy. I haven't got as far as teshnos or the eastern isles yet....but it's only a matter of time.

It's all good stuff 👍

Edited by Agentorange
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Oh ye of little faith! Of course Q4 22 included Edge of Empire. Here's an updated version. including 2023 YTD and splitting out some Q4 2022 works by creators who have since become prolific enough to deserve their own colour-coding

Yes, apparently lacked faith! 😔

Great to see the additional quarters added in (and interesting to see just two quarters with lulls in output).

Q3 2021 was also a lull - getting a computer to spam out effectively infinite numbers of pregen stats doesn’t strike me as particularly creative. It’s one of those things, I suppose.

• Like 2