Please slow down with all the great JC releases :-)

Agentorange

Seriously people, I have to pay bills  and buy food etc.

I can't live on rice, beans, windfalls and roadkill every month it's just not healthy 😄

Joking aside what great range  of stuff there is. I allow myself a certain amount of geek money each month and each month I find myself agonising between  a variety of intriguing products - from the big boys....

Book Of Doom, Nochet  etc

down to the little guys....

Petty Spirits, Denarious the Minter etc

There's something for all tastes and budgets, long may it continue...

Edited by Agentorange
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Please slow down with all the great JC releases 🙂

To hear is to obey!

I have slowed down Holiday Dorastor: Risklands so that it might appear in September or October.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, Minlister said:

Unfortunately for you, my new contribution is 99% ready... I hope to deal the coup de grace to your credit card.😁

Ironically next months geek money will probably be official Chaosium stuff, I've got a bit behind there. But....what's yours ? Just asking out of curiousity you understand......

Edited by Agentorange
  • Thanks 1

Curiosity killed the geek cat!

It is a two-fold scenario: first an investigation about a missing party of Lunar, and then a Heroquest, the JC presentation will be something long these lines

A missing party of Ontori priests…

A dwarf’s cap full of grave goods…

A stead besieged by shrieking horrors…

Delve into the forgotten lore of Raibanth’s gold tablets!

Face the God of Hate!

Challenge the Thunderous!

Untangle the mythic skein of a God Learner-corrupted Heroquest! 

And forge a new weapon to stand your ground in the impending Hero Wars!

This book offers a two-fold scenario leading the players from Dangerford to the Godtime. Although the default setting is 1613-1624, it can be easily adapted to a post-Dragonrise timeframe, offering the PCs the opportunity to play a key-role in Kallyr Starbrow’s victory at the Battle of Dangerford.

The book is 35.000 words/63 pages long and uses the WASP system for stating NPCs devised in A Vale Ablaze. The system is also given here in Appendix, together with 27 templates for common NPCs, foes, and allies alike. 

NOTE: Material in this book deals with mature themes. GMs are advised to adjust their presentation of this subject matter in accordance with their own and their group’s comfort levels.

• Like 5

I am looking aghast at what I have been falling behind on.  Now I see that there are three cults books with another 7 to come, all about £30.  I aso note that there are also three Ian Thompson books, also with another 7 to come, all about £15 for the PDFs.  And the flood of other things that I cannot even begin to contemplate before buying these two priority items...

...and my wife still thinks that I am hard to buy for...

😏

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StephenMcG said:

...and my wife still thinks that I am hard to buy for...

😏

DTRPG has a "Wishlist" feature.
Your wishlist can be saved... and shared.
Just sayin'

Edited by g33k
sharing is caring
  • Confused 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

12 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

8 to come as Jeff Richard confirmed the Invisible God book in a recent video so:
Mythology
Lunar
Solar
Water
Darkness
Chaos
Shaman & Beast
Invisible God

I would wish the order to be (Mythology), Chaos, Darkness and then perhaps Water. For the hard working GM one needs the traditional enemies books. 

3 hours ago, hkokko said:

I would wish the order to be (Mythology), Chaos, Darkness and then perhaps Water. For the hard working GM one needs the traditional enemies books. 

Whereas this GM would prefer: Mythology, Solar, Shaman and then Lunar.

For my game in Sartar in 1614 with a Taraling Elmali wanting arguments to boost his dying cult, an Earth Witch shaman, and a group with a desire to know their occupying enemy. I can fudge the other enemies for now given that we have the Bestiary.

Every GM is going to be different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hkokko said:

Lunar has *GOT* to be near the top, however:  the Lunars are both "traditional enemies" (of Sartar/Orlanthi) and a very-popular PC option in Lunar-centric campaigns.

But for my own preferences, I'd like to see the Shamanic material sooner than later.

Edited by g33k
  • Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 8/21/2023 at 10:25 AM, Richard S. said:

Nice to see that the IG has been added to the cults series rather than waiting for the western sourcebook. It's unfortunate that my own western campaign will be long finished by the time it comes out though...

They've just added IG.  I *suspect* that:
 (a) there's a fair amount of work already into it, that was put-aside to concentrate on the initial releases; that what remains is more organization/editing/filling-in-details, rather than voluminous writing
 (b) the IG book won't really "wait" for the Western Sourcebook; rather, the WS will get worked-on in parallel to CoR:IG, and they'll be released close-together or even as a simultaneous-release (like Earth Goddesses + Lightbringers were).
 (c) there will be a similar (close-together or simultaneous) treatment for Darkness + Trollpack

Edited by g33k
(wanted more parens)

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, g33k said:

Lunar has *GOT* to be near the top, however:  the Lunars are both "traditional enemies" (of Sartar/Orlanthi) and a very-popular PC option in Lunar-centric campaigns.

But for my own preferences, I'd like to see the Shamanic material sooner than later.

I'm on team Shaman as well 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, g33k said:

I *suspect* that:
 (a) there's a fair amount of work already into it, that was put-aside to concentrate on the initial releases; that what remains is more organization/editing/filling-in-details, rather than voluminous writing
 (b) the IG book won't really "wait" for the Western Sourcebook; rather, the WS will get worked-on in parallel to CoR:IG, and they'll be released close-together or even as a simultaneous-release (like Earth Goddesses + Lightbringers were).

Jeff has shared a fair bit on FB regarding Malkionism, so likely a fair bit of content already developed. Would not speculate though on what remains.

However, I don't recall seeing any indication of a Western sourcebook any time recently (certainly nothing in the upcoming publications list).

On 8/20/2023 at 11:12 AM, Agentorange said:

Seriously people, I have to pay bills  and buy food etc.

I can't live on rice, beans, windfalls and roadkill every month it's just not healthy 😄

As Jethro Tull sang:

"...And the train it won't stop going
No way to slow down..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, hkokko said:

Yazurkial Blue Llama says:

Our enemies are Chaos and Pentans <spit>. Scratch on bark how to kill them. Everyone else are just ground men. Scratch me where they are and how to raid them. That is all.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jajagappa said:

As Jethro Tull sang:

"...And the train it won't stop going
No way to slow down..."

What I can say is that this will be the biggest (and last) version of Glorantha that I ever buy.  By the time I am finished I will never be able to play the content I currently have...not enough game hours left before I hit the Great Game Table in the sky.

• Like 2