Information about Delecti

Zac

Is there any in-print material about Delecti and his dwelling/domicile/moss covered dilapidated tower in a marsh?

I had this idea to write up an insane adventure that involved attempting to steal one of his toes and none of my modest cache of books has anything about him other than a cursory mention. 

57 minutes ago, metcalph said:

Wyrms Footnotes #15 has an article on the Upland Marsh but really he's kinda like the Crimson Bat or the Horrors of Dorastor - too powerful to be used in a Boss Fight.

The idea is that they first have to undergo a heroquest that will put him to sleep. Then they slip into his tower, steal the toe and then have to find a way to escape.

• Like 2

There’s a visit to Delecti’s Ruin in The Company of the Dragon, the campaign sequel to Six Seasons in Sartar. Twenty or so years ago, issue 19 of Tales of the Reaching Moon magazine was an Upland Marsh Special; bits of it are in Wyrms Footnotes #15.

Possibly relevant to your plot: Delecti inhabits a succession of corpses. “His toe” is the toe of the body he is currently reanimating.

3 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Possibly relevant to your plot: Delecti inhabits a succession of corpses. “His toe” is the toe of the body he is currently reanimating.

Upside: it could potentially not be as firmly attached to the rest of his body as most toes are, if the current body is getting ripe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Twenty or so years ago, issue 19 of Tales of the Reaching Moon magazine was an Upland Marsh Special; bits of it are in Wyrms Footnotes #15.

I'll check out the Footnotes issues. I assume that the Tales issues are all OOP due to copyright issues?

11 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Which might put a bit of a time crunch on the entire project.

It is a super-weird idea and it just popped into my head yesterday. I had the phrase "Delecti learns to dream" appear out of nowhere and I wondered what it meant and why he would want to learn to dream. And I am just running with the idea to see if I can make anything interesting from it. 

2 hours ago, Zac said:

Which might put a bit of a time crunch on the entire project.

It is a super-weird idea and it just popped into my head yesterday. I had the phrase "Delecti learns to dream" appear out of nowhere and I wondered what it meant and why he would want to learn to dream. And I am just running with the idea to see if I can make anything interesting from it. 

Not necessarily. If successful, Delecti might become unable to activate that toe from any future corpse he inhabits - a very special form of leprosity damage. Do this often enough, and he might be taken apart.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

I assume Delecti is used at leaving damaged bodies behind and occupying fairly intact ones afterwards, so unless the loss is ritually significant I would not have him affected by the theft after he switches bodies. 
Delecti’s stolen toe could be a powerful Death/Undeath talisman for an Eurmali, however, and Delecti could be missing some magic until the Eurmali uses it up. 

On 8/24/2023 at 3:40 AM, Zac said:

Is there any in-print material about Delecti and his dwelling/domicile/moss covered dilapidated tower in a marsh?

Jonstown Compendium's Duckpac 3 is a SoloQuest in which Delecti may appear.

On 8/24/2023 at 5:17 AM, Zac said:

Then they slip into his tower, steal the toe and then have to find a way to escape.

I now imagine the toe enshrined in a trickster shrine that teaches the spirit magic spell of Stubbed Toe, a variant of Hotfoot.

With each casting, Delecti will feel phantom pain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ludo Bagman said:

Jonstown Compendium's Duckpac 3 is a SoloQuest in which Delecti may appear.

I now imagine the toe enshrined in a trickster shrine that teaches the spirit magic spell of Stubbed Toe, a variant of Hotfoot.

With each casting, Delecti will feel phantom pain.

23 hours ago, JRE said:

I assume Delecti is used at leaving damaged bodies behind and occupying fairly intact ones afterwards, so unless the loss is ritually significant I would not have him affected by the theft after he switches bodies. 
Delecti’s stolen toe could be a powerful Death/Undeath talisman for an Eurmali, however, and Delecti could be missing some magic until the Eurmali uses it up. 

My idea is that based on the conjecture that Delecti is at a low point in terms of power after the Lunars robbed him of his promised corpses his enemies have chosen this moment to try to take him down. 

The toe is to provide a physical link to his body so a more powerful attacker(s) can then try to take him out. 

• Like 1