What's the plan?

Archivist

I tell anyone who will listen that RD100 is easily one of the most innovative BRP-like systems out there, that resolves many issues people have with BRP in general. If there's anyone on those threads who also owns RD100 they usually agree.

What's the strategy if at all for getting this out there? Maybe a companion with genre packs (e.g., "supers", "investigation horror", "urban fantasy, wfrp blackpowder stuff) with additional stuff? maybe with a kickstarter since that generates hype?

• Like 1

Hello Archivist. Thank you for the kind words, but above all thank you for asking this question now, because it was the right moment.

The strategy is to make the two licensed properties available to the public, and then republish the generic core book with the improvements introduced so far. The two licensed properties are:

• Dynamic D100, available but of limited interest to the public outside France and Italy, whereas in these two countries the arrival of the Grendizer computer game and the Grendizer new anime series will renew interest.
  • Red Moon Rising, the kickstarter of which is long overdue but we have finally being able to start fulfilling.

You can find a preview of the graphic presentation of Red Moon Rising in the associate thread. We have just come to a decision with the author to publish it under the ORC and not the OGL, and we could not have made that decision earlier because we needed answers from Chaosium that have just come (thank you @MOB).

We have yet to determine some details abou the license and I will ask for feedback on the Red Moon Rising kickstarter page. Some discussion will transpire to these forums, and your feedback is always welcome, needless to say. I prefer to give priority to the Red Moon kickstarter community because they have already paid and their rewards are long overdue, but these forums are Revolution D100's home so the main debate will eventually come back here.

Good idea for the Discord, we actually have one for the main rules debate but it is mostly in Italian so we might need to open a more international one.

Oh, and expect to see advertising for playtest runs of the latest additions online, in some weeks (days?). I will take advantage of the latest technology to provide a memorable experience. And if the guy(s) who made the Roll20 sheet are still around, we might need their help soon. 

Enough of a plan?

• Like 5

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

19 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

Good idea for the Discord, we actually have one for the main rules debate but it is mostly in Italian so we might need to open a more international one

But there is already one in English, although not very active 🤔

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

A thought for RD100 international: You might want to think about swapping the introductory adventure out for another one. I know that "The Quest for El Dorado" is a classic pulp trope, but I still don't feel that comfortable about playing a group of colonizers as heroes. I realize that the scenario has a nice little punch-line about the true evil, but that is kind of marred by falling back on the trope of "primitive natives worshipping europeans as gods". I guess it would just be nice if RD100 were to be represented by an adventure that doesn't take recourse to elements so uncomfortably close to real-world atrocities. Why not use the Mars setting from some the character creation example, for example?

7 hours ago, Jakob said:

A thought for RD100 international: You might want to think about swapping the introductory adventure out for another one. I know that "The Quest for El Dorado" is a classic pulp trope, but I still don't feel that comfortable about playing a group of colonizers as heroes. I realize that the scenario has a nice little punch-line about the true evil, but that is kind of marred by falling back on the trope of "primitive natives worshipping europeans as gods". I guess it would just be nice if RD100 were to be represented by an adventure that doesn't take recourse to elements so uncomfortably close to real-world atrocities. Why not use the Mars setting from some the character creation example, for example?

Noted. You have a point here, Jakob. It's one of my best tested adventures, and allows to showcase some mixing of technological weapons with swords and spears, but  it is from the 90s and someone could find it disturbing in the 21st century.

The Mars setting is theoretically public domain, but in practice Modiphius has an RPG about it and someone could have issues. More consideration required.

Thanks to anyone who provided feedback, it is useful.

• Like 1

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 1:10 AM, RosenMcStern said:

Noted. You have a point here, Jakob. It's one of my best tested adventures, and allows to showcase some mixing of technological weapons with swords and spears, but  it is from the 90s and someone could find it disturbing in the 21st century.

The Mars setting is theoretically public domain, but in practice Modiphius has an RPG about it and someone could have issues. More consideration required.

Thanks to anyone who provided feedback, it is useful.

I realize I'm late to this party, but I'd go with something like:
 #1 - Set your QS in an existing RD100 setting (such as Red Moon Rising); your RPG/IP line anyhow, makes a great intro to the setting-IP and the rules!
 #2 - Reskin your El Dorado; keep the framework, but make it technological (and very non-human) alien invaders, downtrodden primitive humans.
 #3 - Set your Mars content on a more-technical / realistic (and thus very non-Barsoomian) Mars, to avoid conflict with Modiphius' license...  Total Recall Mars, Mat Damon's The Martian, and the Kim Stanley Robinson Red/Green/Blue trilogy are all Mars, and AFAIK have no IP beef with one another, nor with Barsoom.

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig