Out now in hardcover - Cults of RuneQuest: Mythology

MOB

RuneQuest Mythology

Cults of RuneQuest: Mythology

168 pages, full color hardcover – $39.99*

Also available in special leatherette version (a Chaosium.com exclusive) – $90.00*

And at DriveThruRPG – $18.99

*price includes PDF when purchased direct from Chaosium.com and Friendly Local Game Stores that are part of the Bits & Mortar initiative.

Cults of RuneQuest: Mythology is part of the new Cults of RuneQuest sourcebook series for the RuneQuest TTRPG. It contains an indispensable history of the mythology of the storied and epic Bronze Age fantasy world of Glorantha.

• A supplement ideal for both players and Gamemasters — A system-free book, Mythology is perfect for any fan of Glorantha, players of other roleplaying games, and anyone with an interest in creative mythology.
  • An explanation of myths and mythology and how it works in Glorantha — Dozens of Gloranthan myths, ready for players and Gamemasters to draw inspiration from, giving further context to the mythical history of the world.

mytholoogy-image.png

This supplement is an enhancement to Cults of RuneQuest, but is system-free and requires no other book to use.

Please note Cults of RuneQuest: Mythology is not currently available from our Australian warehouse. It should be available later this month.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

• MOB changed the title to Out now in hardcover - Cults of RuneQuest: Mythology

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I'll try here.

The book has great art, as always, but this and all other CoR books have a problem that has bothered me most with this one, and that is that most of Katrin Dirim's illustrations are in very low resolution. This, for some reason, doesn't happen in the illustrations of any other of the artists (compare the picture of pg. 24 to the genealogy of some pages down), and also doesn't happen in the printed copies, which have great resolution. This problem is more egregious in this book because it's filled with pretty detailed illustrations by Katrin which are nigh illegible at this state, specially the Calendar at page 8, the Cosmology at page 12, the Lightbringers at page 16, the Ten Copper Plates at page 40, and well, many others I'm not listing right now. I can sort of stand the genealogies to be that pixelated, but those pieces lose a lot in this state. Why does this happen? Why does this almost only happen to almost all of Katrin's pictures? Can't it be fixed? It's not like the PDF it's a "demo" product, the difference in price is the material cost, not the quality. If putting the illustrations at max. res. is problematic because of size shenanigans, maybe the books could be complemented by an "art booklet"?

Edited by Jape_Vicho
  • Like 1

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

1 hour ago, Jape_Vicho said:

The book has great art, as always, but this and all other CoR books that has bothered me most with this one, and that is that most of Katrin Dirim's illustrations are in very low resolution. 

Agreed. The wonderful Cosmology illustration on p.12 looks very muddy on my PDF and needs zooming in to see detail but the resolution isn't high enough. And several others suffer from the same problem.

Please can we have an alternative hi-res PDF as an option to download for use when viewing the details of the amazing artwork?

• Like 3

I pre-ordered mine from a local store and so it probably won't be in stock until next week. Getting books over the border usually takes an additional week or two here in Canada. 

The artwork so far has been making me quite jealous of the folks that already have theirs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Cassius said:

The boxed text page 132 is particularly interesting. It clearly explains how the unity of the gods and the diversity of cults can be reconciled.

Page 136 of the PDF, for avoidance of confusion for anyone trying to find it in the digital version (the page numbering is different in the print and PDF versions).

• Helpful 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

9 hours ago, Brian Duguid said:

Page 136 of the PDF, for avoidance of confusion for anyone trying to find it in the digital version (the page numbering is different in the print and PDF versions).

When I reference pdf page numbers, I look at the number printed on the page (or count onward from a nearby page which has a number printed on it), as the automatic page count of the pdf reader tends to disagree. That way page numbers are an accurate attribution.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Joerg said:

When I reference pdf page numbers, I look at the number printed on the page (or count onward from a nearby page which has a number printed on it), as the automatic page count of the pdf reader tends to disagree. That way page numbers are an accurate attribution.

Well, sure, I do too. But people need to know that the page number displayed on the "printed" PDF page and the page number displayed on the actual hardcopy printed books are different in this particular case.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.