Oslira's Cult?

Richard S.

5 hours ago, kalidor said:

Hi, which skills are important to oslira? Does she have god talkers?

Pulling this out of Shargash's thread for clarity's sake.

For skills, I'd give her the same set as Engizi: Boat, Cult Lore, River Lore, Speak Boatspeech, and Swim.

She probably has God-talkers along with regular Rune Priests.

Her Rune spells were given in another thread as Breathe Air/Water, Command Crocodile, Command Fish, Control Flood, Dismiss Water Elemental (any size), Flood, Summon Naiad, Summon Crocodile, Summon Water Elemental (any size), and Water Walk.

As of the last cults draft that the Well documented, she's associated with Biselenslib, Everina, Jadarenasa, Lodril, Pelora, Orlanth Thunderous, River Horse, Shargash, Yelm, and Yestendos. No clue what each of them provide though.

Edited by Richard S.
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, Richard S. said:

As of the last cults draft that the Well documented, she's associated with Biselenslib, Everina, Jadarenasa, Lodril, Pelora, Orlanth Thunderous, River Horse, Shargash, Yelm, and Yestendos. No clue what each of them provide though.

Judging from the Cults of Runequest books released so far and the Red Book of Magic

Biselenslib - Command Water Bird

Everina - Bless Wild Rice.

Jaderenasa - Awaken Loon

Pelora - Bless Barley

River Horse - Rider River Horse.

Yestendos - Float

That leaves Lodril, Orlanth Adventurous, Shargash and Yelm.  I think it probable they would provide Shield as they are unlikely to alongside each other in the same temple (ie an Osliran temple which honors Orlanth Adventurous is unlikely to honor Yelm, Shargash or Lodril).

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

16 hours ago, Richard S. said:

Pulling this out of Shargash's thread for clarity's sake.

For skills, I'd give her the same set as Engizi: Boat, Cult Lore, River Lore, Speak Boatspeech, and Swim.

She probably has God-talkers along with regular Rune Priests.

Her Rune spells were given in another thread as Breathe Air/Water, Command Crocodile, Command Fish, Control Flood, Dismiss Water Elemental (any size), Flood, Summon Naiad, Summon Crocodile, Summon Water Elemental (any size), and Water Walk.

Uggh, how dull!
No offence but we [you and I] can do better than that.

I've given her an Oslira voiced/centred myth and history [rather than the usual Orlanthi one masquerading as the God Learners], Summon Naga Rune spell and others away from the usual run of the mill ones [someone really has had a failure of imagination], and actual connections with the gods of where she is most important, rather than being associated [Associated!!! WTF?] with the god that supposedly destroyed her. Someone really seems to think that every female god that Orlanth looks at wants to get into his pants.
Living in the 80's much?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kalidor said:

Strange that river Gods don't have asociations with sea Gods.

I'm guessing that Yestendos and Diros are both the same boat god, and he's technically a sea god. As for the big ones like Magasta, Triolina, and Wachaza, they're both far away and uninterested in the surface world, so I think it's less a matter of there not being an association and more that it's kind of impractical for humans. Maybe the local god of the Thunder Delta is worshiped as an associate, but that'd be pretty localized.

Oslir gives SurEnslib Water Walk, and Biselenslib Control Flood. Yestendos provides both with Float so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't grant Oslir the same spell.

Oslir is also the wife of Alkor but he doesn't grant any spells so far, as far as I could see.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here