Pendragon announced for March 2024

Anyone else see this blog post last week? There's already been talk about the Lunar book over on the RQ board, but apparently the Pendragon core book and a campaign (The Grey Knight) are releasing in March as well. Good to finally get a date.

https://www.chaosium.com/blogthree-new-chaosium-releases-for-march-2024/

Edited by Richard S.
  • Like 3

Thanks for this. I just went through 10 pages of blog posts looking for 6th edition news and didn't even see this in there.

Although that placeholder cover art worries me a bit. I really dislike the artwork and graphic design of the Start Box compared to pretty much any of the earlier editions.

Starting to think I should just pay crazy prices for a 5.2 hardback and skip 6

4 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

Although that placeholder cover art worries me a bit. I really dislike the artwork and graphic design of the Start Box compared to pretty much any of the earlier editions.

Starting to think I should just pay crazy prices for a 5.2 hardback and skip 6

Only because of the cover / graphic design ?

On 11/24/2023 at 1:37 PM, DreadDomain said:

Only because of the cover / graphic design ?

Not just the cover but the entire graphic design and artwork.

I own the PDF of 5.2 and the blue-on-white interior, artwork, overall design, stained glass chapter breaks etc... I really love it.

I held off buying it in hardback because 6 was announced (not realizing it was years away), but from the teaser adventures and starter box they've released I really dislike the direction they went with the new graphic design and overall style. I'm assuming that will also be the final look for the full rulebook and it really bums me out.

Still, wait and see I guess. Only 6 more months, ha!

• 2 months later...

Found a brand new copy of 5.2 for $59.99, so more than MSRP, but not too crazy priced like most I've seen.

It just got delivered and it's so pristine I almost want to level it in the plastic. I'll still pick up 6 in a month or so and if I don't like the design no biggie because I have this version.