What are Sheng Seleris' Runic Associations?

SMM

Sheng Seleris appears in the Prosopaedia (p.111, PDF) without runes, but have they been published anywhere? If not, what do you think they are?

As a demigod, following other entries in the Prosopaedia, he would have Infinity, Mastery, Man, and two others, so it those last two that I am asking about. At first I thought one of them would be Fire/Sky, being the rune associated with emperors, which would fit in with his many conquests and why he was such a challenge to the Red Emperor. But then I wondered if Light could be appropriate, in its connection with mysticism. As for the second rune, I am not sure. Death, perhaps?

What do the sages of Glorantha have to say?

48 minutes ago, SMM said:

At first I thought one of them would be Fire/Sky, being the rune associated with emperors, which would fit in with his many conquests and why he was such a challenge to the Red Emperor. But then I wondered if Light could be appropriate, in its connection with mysticism. As for the second rune, I am not sure. Death, perhaps?

He has to have Fire - he's a Yelm worshipper and able to compete for the 10 Tests. I'd probably go with Death for the other given his rather savage nature (similar in that regard to Shargash).

• Like 1

Moon, Disorder, Stasis, Infinity, while walking around. Plus his own rune, whatever that may have been. 

Now? Who knows for sure. I like to think it's Moon, Stasis, Movement, or Moon, Harmony, Disorder. 

• Like 1

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

Definitely Fire. The other two runes of Yelm are a good place to start as well. We don't tend to see his connections to Fertility because the sources are mainly Dara Happan. But he made his pledge to stand on the Moon during a great gathering of the Pentans to solve their common issue of famine after the shockwaves of Godunya's reunification in Kralorela, and he did give life and abundance to the horse nomads.

But due to his severity and asceticism, he probably had a stronger association to Death, and his Fertility connections may have eroded away over the course of his reign, if we extrapolate by his constant affirmation that he would rather isolate himself from allies rather than compromise on any basically any point. And if he didn't have Moon before or during his struggles with the Red Emperor, he certainly does by the time he escapes his Lunar Hell.

Edited by Ormi Phengaria