New Releases Monday 21st March

Newt

Being released tomorrow:

OpenQuest Basics - Revised with Full Colour art!

A Message from Furthermost - A River of Heaven Scenario by John Ossoway.

The Clockwork Palace - Any OpenQuest Adventure Location, with new cult, magic, creatures, personalities and scenario seeds, by Paul Mitchener.

Watch this space for more details.

mf-front-cover-web.jpg

• Like 6

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

10 hours ago, Newt said:

A Message from Furthermost - A River of Heaven Scenario by John Ossoway.

Looking forward to this especially!

• Like 1

Stormbringer! - Exploring the worlds of the Eternal Champion at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com

Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org

DCtRPG.info - Supporting Dark Conspiracy across the decades - http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.com

River of Heaven is just what the BRP Family needed, and I love the clean OQ build it uses. Quite a good setting

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I'm currently looking at the updated OQ2 Basic, and it's great :D

Not only the internal art is very beautiful (I really like the style of this Jeshields, fits perfectly) but the overall layout seems cleaner then ever to me. I'm impressed! And I want the Clockwork Palace now!

(just joking. I wanted the Clockwork Palace as soon as I read the post yesterday!)

Good job Newt, you rock!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2016 at 1:39 AM, Whisker89 said:

I'm currently looking at the updated OQ2 Basic, and it's great :D

Yeah you can say that again, it's a great looking update. Thanks Newt!

• Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 1 month later...

I was frankly blown away by Reunion after running it last night, so I'll be picking up A Message from Furthermost for sure. I loved how Reunion had pretty much all the key points of the setting in it, yet had a clever device that explained why my players didn't know anything about the setting. It was definitely the jump-off point for a campaign and I'm excited to see where it goes. I think it was the sheer number of different options and event seeds in Reunion that made it a sort of deadly sandbox (a TPK was never far away) and the little bits and pieces in the form of NPCs, computer messages and events were sufficient for the players to take the story in a multitude of directions (they of course chose the one path that was expressly NOT recommended in the book!). I'm interested to see, since both scenarios revolve around a similar theme, how exactly the Furthermost scenario can be tied into Reunion's plot as it stands in my group right now.

It would be good to have more on the workings of the Guilds and I hope that is included in Furthermost.

Incidentally, John's intro flavor text for Reunion inspired me to write my own scenario, which I will post up in the appropriate forum.

Edited by Ganaud