The Coming Storm PDF - Preorder Special!

MOB

The Coming Storm is the first part of an epic HeroQuest Glorantha campaign taking the Red Cow Clan through the opening days of the Hero Wars. This book provides everything you need to run a classic clan-based Sartarite campaign.

And if you buy The Coming Storm PDF now, we'll credit you the PDF price on the purchase of the printed version once it is available later this year.

http://bit.ly/comingstormpdf

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 2.05.45 pm.png

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

What a good day to come home early from work and find this bit of news, so I immediately had to go grab the pdf.

Looks really good. If I run this it will probably be with RuneQuest (hopefully CRQ4 will be published by the end of this year, otherwise I'll consider RQ6). Considering the majority of this book appears narrative content then it isn't an issue regarding system translation.The visual portrayals of the Sartarites look very much in keeping with the Orlanthi depictions from the G2G, heavily influenced by ancient Thracian, Dacian, and perhaps some Mycenaean analogues. Also there is a reasonable amount of Norse flavour as well; not so much in appearance, but evoked more through cultural ideology and behaviours. Good to see that this is going to be part of a longer campaign, and I really like that the pdf cost gets credited off the print copy.

Now I have to add this to my already large backlog of reading...:)

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Fantastic; been eagerly awaiting this, especially after being lucky enough to play in a session Ian ran at the UK Games Expo this year. 

On the other hand, not a great time for the pound to tank against the dollar... ?

Edited by BigJackBrass

The Coming Storm With RQ6 AIG and RQ4 AIG as it fill in some of what is missing with the HQ culture rules make a very solid system.  If you can get your hands on all the info. And you are to impatient to wait for RQ2.5. But as soon as RQ2.5 is out ill buy that to fill out the character back ground for RQ6.  

• 3 months later...

We are hard at work on layout of the Eleven Lights (the campaign pack for The Coming Storm). I'm busy collating proofreading feedback, and the Chaosoum gnomes are working on getting some art files etc. So if you were worried that this would not be coming hot-on-the-heels and be available at least in PDF soon, fear not. We are working on it.

(Usually when I am quieter here, it means my daily tabletop rpg time is consumed with a project, not that I don't love you all)

• Like 4