Coming Storm - some interior layout

MOB

Overall I really like the layout style.  My one complaint is with the character charts such as on page 51 shown above where the greys of lines and figures blend too much with the background and make it hard to discern differences - color (such as the brown used in the style) would help clarify both connections and the factions.

I like the interior layout and art very much (although Buthur looks a bit ridiculous there).

- How hard is it to run this campaign if you started with the Colymar campaign and your PC belong to the Orlmarth clan?

- Will Chaosium offer RQ-stats so people can run this campaign easily with the new RuneQuest rules?

Edited by Runeblogger
  • Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

Chaosium will be working with volunteers to stat these HQ supplements for use in our other game systems, like the new RuneQuest and also 13th Age in Glorantha.

How much that happens depends on the volunteers. Chaosium is not currently looking at making these "stat packs" official books, but making them available as free downloads via our website and similar.

• Like 7

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

21 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Chaosium will be working with volunteers to stat these HQ supplements for use in our other game systems, like the new RuneQuest and also 13th Age in Glorantha.

How much that happens depends on the volunteers. Chaosium is not currently looking at making these "stat packs" official books, but making them available as free downloads via our website and similar.

That's quite good to hear!

On 7/8/2016 at 10:57 AM, Runeblogger said:

- How hard is it to run this campaign if you started with the Colymar campaign and your PC belong to the Orlmarth clan?

From what I've seen it should not be difficult.  There are several options:

1) The Orlmarth characters are exiled due to some event (feud with Greydogs, freeing the dragon of Two-face Hill, Lunar troubles) and go to kin in the Red Cow clan.

2) One of the Orlmarth characters is due to marry into the Red Cow clan and PC's are busy working on the arrangements/alliance.

3) The Red Cow clan (or others in the Cinsina tribe) have something the Orlmarth need.  Trade negotiations via the PC's ensue.

4) Telmori or Sazdorf troll raiders (or even bold Dinacoli or Culbrea) take something from the Orlmarth.  They need to get help from the Cinsina to recover it.

On 7/8/2016 at 3:57 PM, Runeblogger said:

Is there a campaign in the Coming Storm Vol 1? I have glanced through it but cannot see any scenarios or scenario hooks.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

Is there a campaign in the Coming Storm Vol 1? I have glanced through it but cannot see any scenarios or scenario hooks.

No, the campaign is in Vol 2.  However, there are plenty of scenario hooks and sandbox ideas in Vol 1 based on the Red Cow clan, the leadership of the Cinsina, the Emerald Sword Dinacoli, the Two-Pines clan of the Culbrea, the Telmori, and the ghouls of Brangbane.