Runequest 2 - healing/ first aid

Tom Whitehead

Cults of prax

Skill : Cult Access method for outsider

-Find healing plant : Chalana Arroy (obviously) as lay member
p66, just read it but pretty powerfull and can restore 12 HP with some luck (THE VERY BEST CHOICE)
-First aid : Chalana Arroy (obviously bis)  / Lankhor Mhy / Seven Mothers a pay to access
Simple success stop bleeding and save your ***. Critical success recover 2HP
-Identify plant : Aldrya nope
didn't find it... will update later
-Treat poison : Chalana Arroy a pay to access
Time limit of 10 round melee to perform. Purge 2D6 levels of poison on success roll, 12Pts on critical
-Treat disease : Chalana Arroy a pay to access
Stop disease but still lose 1Pt. Critical restore 1Pt lost

• Like 1

RQ2 First Aid is a cult skill taught through the Chalana Arroy cult. It concerns the immediate treatment of wounds and broken bones to alleviate pain and allow normal healing. Successful use of First Aid on a bleeding hit location can stop bleeding (although two points of damage are not healed), and keep the victim from dying. The user can also rouse someone who is unconscious if he has been knocked out by something other than the loss of more points in an area than the location can take. Rolling a critical means that two points are healed.

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

9 hours ago, Tom Whitehead said:

Thanks for the info! I'm getting hold of Cults of Prax some time next week..

Or go for the "Cult Compendium," and get the extra material...  While I think CoP is better than CoT, the combination of those two WITH the little bits added from other sources is IMHO the best of all !

And since CoP (at least in the 1st printing) is now a "collectors item" selling for $49-$95 (once you include shipping), the Cult Compendium looks like an even better deal...

• Like 5

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, g33k said:

Or go for the "Cult Compendium," and get the extra material...  While I think CoP is better than CoT, the combination of those two WITH the little bits added from other sources is IMHO the best of all !

And since CoP (at least in the 1st printing) is now a "collectors item" selling for $49-$95 (once you include shipping), the Cult Compendium looks like an even better deal...

Agree completely.  My CoP and CoT have long since given up the ghost, but I'm fine with having the CC instead.

• Like 1