Pulp Cthulhu?

Zane

Does anyone happen to have any recent news on Pulp Cthulhu? Last I saw they still needed some artwork, and to finish the layout, yet hoped to have copies at Gencon. That seems a little unrealistic, especially since Dustin's blog post on Sunday states Secrets of Morocco is about ready to go to the printer, but doesn't mention Pulp Cthulhu.

Isn't pulp cthulhu just an urban myth? I've been hearing about it for years!

Considering when I started the campaign I am currently running, over five years ago, it was supposed to be out in "just a few months", it is sure starting to seem like an urban myth. In fact it reminds me of the Champions computer game of the early 90's... Hopefully it ends better!

It's not really a product I've got much interest in...

Now... if there was a general Pulp supplement for BRP I'd be a lot more likely to buy it.

I mostly agree. I would rather see a pulp supplement that just handles straightforward pulp (even though I realize CoC is pulp) and allows some suggestions as to how to integrate it with the mythos.

However, if it covers weird science and all the trappings of fun pulp, I won't complain.

From a little additional information I've been able to dredge up from this page at Chaosium it now looks like this will be a Sourcebook for "Call of Cthulhu" rather than a stand alone game as originally planned. I'm not sure what means for the modified character generation with Traits that the author mentions on his blog. I really hope they haven't riped this out for some bizarre reason.

As for the fact it is a "Cthulhu" supplement, I'm sure that doesn't mean that you can't use it as a non-Cthulhu "Pulp" supplement. After all the CoC book is quite suited to running a 1920's historical type game. My guess is that this book, coupled with either CoC or "Basic Roleplaying" and if desired "Pulp HERO" will result in a great combo for Pulp games.