Any idea when the RQ Kickstarter will be?

Pentallion

Well I agree that a title like RQ shouldn't need a KS project - I am just stoked that we have a publishing schedule for it!

Great news!

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

3 hours ago, g33k said:

But it honestly looks to me not like "assuming something negative," but just making explicit what Jeff had implied in that announcement.  Here is how I had understood it (using your own "about every 2 months" timeframe for releases):

• The core book / bestiary / GMpack arriving Q1'18
  • Then the Scenarios and the GM-book, which bumps production by +4 months.  Doesn't this fill out the RQG production plans roughly through Q2'18 ?
  • Then a list of 4 different products in that last line-item; that is +8 months' worth of production, filling Q3 & Q4 of '18 and likely stretching into Q1'19.

I think the main difference in your timeline is that you are basing it on game shop availability, which you are welcome to do. Of course we announce dates based on when you can buy things on the Chaosium website, and not two months later when it may show up in game shops. We have far less control over when things show up in game shops, or which game shops will carry it. Thus, we stick to announcing Chaosium website availability. 

When Jeff specifically said that the first three products would be on sale before Christmas, we thought that wasn't going to be read as 1st Quarter 2018, but as the end of November 2017. Following on from that would mean that the Scenario book and GM book would be out in the first quarter of 2018, probably around February/March. Then you can start seeing another book every 2 months on average after that.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

32 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

I think the main difference in your timeline is that you are basing it on game shop availability, which you are welcome to do. Of course we announce dates based on when you can buy things on the Chaosium website, and not two months later when it may show up in game shops. We have far less control over when things show up in game shops, or which game shops will carry it. Thus, we stick to announcing Chaosium website availability. 

When Jeff specifically said that the first three products would be on sale before Christmas, we thought that wasn't going to be read as 1st Quarter 2018, but as the end of November 2017. Following on from that would mean that the Scenario book and GM book would be out in the first quarter of 2018, probably around February/March. Then you can start seeing another book every 2 months on average after that.

A-HA!  Okay, I think that explains some of the discrepancy ...

See, I had considered the "Organized Play" program as being gamestore-centric:  grognards and existing fans will make up a good chunk of the direct-order / automatic-buyer customer-base who will buy in time for Christmas; sans KS-buzz, players new-to-system and/or new-to-world -- and apostates returning after long absence -- would seem to be likely gameshop buyers (and the desired players in the OP program).  Organized Play helps Chaosium drive sales that wouldn't otherwise be likely buyers (not just give us free OP content for existing fans to play (though I don't doubt there WILL be some of that)).

I was indeed using Jeff's "FLGS in Q1 of 2018" for figuring the OP release; but of course as it will PDF direct to OP-GM's, it will be a cycle sooner.

Thank you for the further Illumination!

One other bit of timetable "discrepancy" that occurs to me:  if Runequest's "Organized Play" occurs similarly to how CoC7's ATtH occurred, then the entire OP campaign (although similar in size to a sourcebook) will actually be released serially, throughout and alongside the other items on that same line.  So the OP content may BEGIN appearing to Cult of Chaos GM's near the beginning of that window, and new content would then KEEP appearing throughout that window.  Thus, the RQ OP (if similar to CoC7 OP) simply doesn't HAVE "a" release-date in the sense that an all-under-one-cover sourcebook has.

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 1 month later...

Chaosium has been having discussions with our licensees about getting the game translated into other languages, including Japanese, German, French and Spanish, to name a few. We are very open to working with game companies to license foreign translations of RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha and its supplements.

• Like 3

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.