HeroQuest @ Gen Con!

JonL

I'll be running three HeroQuest games at Gen Con this August. Two will be set in Glorantha, and one will be a supers game. As they were late additions to Chaosium's programming, they only hit the catalog the night before registration opened, and as such they are wide open for players even after the big rush. I hope to see you there. :)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JonL said:

Well, that was quick. As of this writing, the two Glorantha games are full, but there are three seats still open for the HQ2 supers game. Thanks, all. :)

Be really interested to see how the latter goes. Go on folks, sign up if you are going to be at GenCon.

On 30/5/2017 at 5:43 PM, JonL said:

I'll be running three HeroQuest games at Gen Con this August. Two will be set in Glorantha, and one will be a supers game. As they were late additions to Chaosium's programming, they only hit the catalog the night before registration opened, and as such they are wide open for players even after the big rush. I hope to see you there. :)

What are the Gloranthan ones about?

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

1 hour ago, Steve said:

The HQ ruleset must be ideal for supers. Sounds fab.

I'm using the framework I posted last year for characters, and will have some ready to go Sidekick, Community, Ally, and Enemy (Flaw) options specific to the setting on hand-out index cards for anyone making new characters or customizing the pre-gem ones.  I'm tweaking the Group Contest rules slightly to incentivize switching foes mid-battle and assisting/augmenting teammates somewhat - as that's very de genre for comic-books. We're also going to use the Flaw/Ability-polymorphism and Flaws as Heropoint Generators options put forth in Nameless Streets.

19 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

What are the Gloranthan ones about?

The (currently full) HQG games will be the "Red Moon Rising" scenario from Pavis - Gateway to Adventure and the debut of a new Red Cow scenario from The Eleven Lights.

• Like 3

I could see using HQ1 if you wanted the sort of game where you have more quantitative and granular measures for strengths, speed, etc.  I think HQ2 is better if you want to follow more Comic Book Logic where The Flash doesn't effortlessly defeat guys like Captains Cold & Boomerang. Both approaches have merit.

Edited by JonL

I have always preferred RuneQuest for Glorantha, just personal taste I guess. But for a Pulp Action, Crime Investigation, or Super Heroes game I think HQ would be absolutely PERFECT. So jealous !!!

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"