where are the classic 'starter' scenarios?

theWoozle

I just realized that The Haunting isn't in the 7th ed. book. I was wondering if there was a repository for intro adventures from the rule books. Yes, I know The Haunting is in the quick-start book (thank you Chaosium), but what about the other 6th ed. scenarios, like Edge of Darkness, Dead Man's Stomp, and The Madman. 

Well its such an easy convert from 6E to 7E that it'ld be a moot point with most experienced GMs.

However I agree that it would be handy to have a collection of classic scenarios in one or two volumes, with some new art and 7E stats. Great for GMs who enter the fray from here on.

I expect it's low on the priorities

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I'm sure they're tired of hearing what we want updated and reprinted, but a "best of" short scenario collection would be on my list. One of the most common questions I see is what good one shots to run. The answers are one scenario from here, another from there, and some are out of print, others you're buying a good sized book of "meh" for one jewel. 

The 'classic' starter scenarios are basically the ones that were contained in the core rules of previous editions: The Haunting, The Edge of Darkness, Dead Man Stomp, etc 

The 7E has a couple of adventures, but not really that great, so yes, Doors to Darkness is the best place to go now.   

Black Gate Magazine talks about Alone Against the Flames:

"Just settle in a comfy chair with some lucky dice, open the book, and follow the instructions. It dumps you right into the story and teaches you the game as you go..."

https://www.blackgate.com/2017/09/07/in-alone-against-the-flames-you-face-the-horror-of-cthulhu-the-way-the-universe-intended-by-yourself/