RuneQuest PoD

jps

Hi guys

I'm so excited to see RuneQuest has been raised from the dead again. It was my second RPG back to 1984 and it was a blast. We had an almost 10 year campaign with the 3rd edition and after there was a hard time HeroQuest, then Mongoose's RuneQuest (first edition ... unplayable, Second edition ... much better). Still, not the original feeling. I downloaded the current edition and whilst I'm still in the process of reading it: I'm already calling this the 4th edition because it's carrying the RuneQuest feeling without over stretching freeform or half baked rules. Thant's it: RuneQuest is back.

I'll have two questions for the Community: is a PoD version is being planned and when.

They're printing books that will be available some time this summer. Buying the pdf gives you that money as credit toward the physical book or IIRC the slipcase set of three books later down the road.

If you bought the pdf, are impatient, and are only printing a copy for your own private use, PoD is as soon as you submit it to a printer.

121/420

We tend to only offer PoD on titles that we no longer have in stock and do not feel warrant another regular print run.

The printed version of RQG is currently scheduled to be on sale in August. It is possible that there could be delays with shipping or clearing customs, which while rare, are largely beyond our control so that sale date is not set in stone.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

5 hours ago, Yelm's Light said:

You're best off waiting for the hardbound, if you can stomach it.

Agreed, but once you've gotten a rule book like this with a ring binding (ie it will lay perfectly flat and open wherever you want it to) you will always long for it. :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SilverSeraph said:

What I want to know is when the RQ Classics will be available in print beyond the Old School Resoruce pack.  RQG is supposed to be backwards compatible after all.  That's instant material for new players like me who are just now discovering RQ and Glorantha.

IIRC, Rick has said (on the KS site) that they are waiting for the print-runs until all the products become available.  I believe the economies of scale -- either printing or shipping, or maybe both -- are expected to be notably better for the larger order.

As to when... <shrug> having offered several best-guess timetables which then slipped away for reasons largely beyond Chaosium control,, and had to deal with angry fans over the issue, they are now taking the Official Position that it'll be done when it's done, and it's coming along as quick as they can get it to do so.

I believe folks who've bought the PDF's (either as part of the KS or post-KS retail from Chaosium) may POD them for personal use... correct @Rick Meints & @Dustin O'Chaosium ?

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 6/5/2018 at 2:38 AM, styopa said:

Agreed, but once you've gotten a rule book like this with a ring binding (ie it will lay perfectly flat and open wherever you want it to) you will always long for it. :)

I know, I’ll buy whichever is released first ... and then I’ll buy the hard bound version too if it’s released later :)