Where is Sit Here?

jeffjerwin

For a famous shrine, Sit Here seems to be awfully elusive.

Our main clue is that the imprint of Eurmal's buttocks made the two vales where Heort and Ezkankekko mustered their armies (obviously before I Fought We Won). Now IFWW was in or next to the Shadow Plateau, which suggests that Eurmal's seat was somewhere nearby...

I have a vague sense it should be the Neutral Hills/Vusvan area, given there's a long line of hills that might mark Eurmal's imprint also... and neutrality does somewhat suggest the Lack of Disorder aspect.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Just now, Joerg said:

It is a trickster shrine after all. I suppose there are a number of possible locations, and it could manifest at any of them at a given time. Or not.

Except, of course, it defines the single point where Eurmal was 'stopped'. Of course, Eurmal is always impossible.

It also needs to be findable so that Orlanthi can bind their Tricksters. This isn't hero quest magic but instead pragmatic, clan harmony magic. I suppose there may be makeshift versions scattered about for that reason, but there is still likely an approximate location...

• Like 1

"It needs to be findable" - as if anything connected to the Trickster is going to listen to "need". It might listen to "want".

Making the location fuzzy may actually make it more accessible.

And if you think that a bound trickster will your clan more harmonious, boy have you been duped.

Edited by Joerg
grammar

Telling how it is excessive verbis

17 minutes ago, jeffjerwin said:

Except, of course, it defines the single point where Eurmal was 'stopped'. Of course, Eurmal is always impossible.

I always thought it was a conditional holy site . . . wherever authority gets a trickster to sit down and shut up is by definition within Sit Here . . . and that the two armies are hyperbole to demonstrate the scale of god's gigantic ass. There may or may not be useful history hidden in that punchline.

• Like 1

singer sing me a given

13 minutes ago, scott-martin said:

I always thought it was a conditional holy site . . . wherever authority gets a trickster to sit down and shut up is by definition within Sit Here . . . and that the two armies are hyperbole to demonstrate the scale of god's gigantic ass. There may or may not be useful history hidden in that punchline.

Then the location of the two armies may reflect 'one' of the sites - possibly the best known one to the Hendriki.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Joerg said:

And if you think that a bound trickster will your clan more harmonious, boy have you been duped.

My suspicion is that binding a Trickster within the Clan is sometimes a necessity (Lightbringers' Quest) and sometimes an inevitability. Killing the Trickster is the other path... but I'm certain that wrecks just as much havoc. A Trickster is like a chronic disease. You either accommodate it or excise it... but you can't ignore it.

• Like 1

It is very very findable!  It is far TOO findable for most decent folks' comfort.

More than one poor thane making his way home from the annual Brewers Judgement at Barntar's Hall has thought he was walking in his own front door, only to find he was in a Highlow Holy Place of Eurmal... 

So too have various Lightbringer Priests who were on Very Urgent Business to the main Temple of an allied cult.

Sadly, those actually SEEKING to find Sit Here... Well, mostly they don't.

And nobody EVER finds it twice... Eurmal only Sat There once, after all!

Of course, Trickster being Trickster, there may be some "unexpected" exceptions to these rules.  Because rules aren't much of a Trickster thing, except in the breaking of them.

YGMV -- mine certainly does!

Edited by g33k
ygmv
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, scott-martin said:

Finally we all know where that donkey came from!!!

I am coming up with some Trickster stories for my game, told by my Elura.

"How Vixen ate King Chicken's Egg" (how Trickster killed the Sun)

"How Vixen met Big Fart" (How Eurmal gave Orlanth Death)

"When Vixen burned her tail" (Trickster steals Fire)

"How Vixen learned to Sing"

"Why humans are stupid"

"Raven and Vixen quarrel"

"Vixen teaches Yinkin how to be Lazy"

"When Vixen learned how to look like a Man"

"Vixen looks small and cute" (Sit Down story)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1