Doraddi, fonritian and other agimori

Manu

In the bestiary, there is a description of an Agimori. But the description is the Agimori of Prax.

Are the Doraddi as an Agimori (from the bestiary)? Do they also have 100% Sky Rune?

And what about the Fonritians or any other 'crossbreed'? Which stats should I use?

WIth the exception of some similar populations in Banamba, the majority of the Agimori uses standard human stats. It might be argued that all Veldt-descended Agimori types could have stronger Fire than the other racial types, but much less than the Men-and-a-Half. The non-Veldt Agimori (e.g. Pamaltelan Hsunchen and Thinobutan-descended "Agimori") who don't share that First Drinker myth may have different runic distribution (i.e. more standard).

It isn't clear whether the Teleosan multi-colored Agimori types are Veldt-descended or of Thinobutan (coastal) descent, but they probably don't deserve any special Fire relationship any more after centuries of sea-going life.

Torabs (Fonritians with some blue and some black ancestry) use normal human stats and runes. Pure Artmali Veldang probably are stronger in water and moon than your average human, but that may be reflected as much by culture and cult as by ancestry.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

I'd really stick to standard human stats if I was in a Pamaltela game. To put it in crude terms, It really doesn't sit well to make different black people work differently than everyone else. I can't see the Men-and-a-half really causing a problem since it's a few minor differences that balance them against other Praxians but I'd be weirded out if every agimori was like that. that sort of thing is better represented by cultural skills.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wrestlepig said:

I'd really stick to standard human stats if I was in a Pamaltela game. To put it in crude terms, It really doesn't sit well to make different black people work differently than everyone else. I can't see the Men-and-a-half really causing a problem since it's a few minor differences that balance them against other Praxians but I'd be weirded out if every agimori was like that. that sort of thing is better represented by cultural skills.

Absolutely. The Agimori of Prax are the Men-and-a-Half and not Doraddi or any other human race. They are called Agimori because that is what they call themselves. The Doraddi and other Pamaltelans get called Agimori by Genertelan scholars because that's what Genertelan scholars call them.

On 10/3/2018 at 3:41 AM, Joerg said:

It might be argued that all Veldt-descended Agimori types could have stronger Fire than the other racial types, but much less than the Men-and-a-Half.

Perhaps, but it would be mild (like +10% or so) if so. The Agimori of the southern plains have religious connections to all of the elements except Moon, with prominent Earth and Water and Fire deities, and minority Darkness and Storm deities. The Veldang, who in some cases have intermarried, have Moon connections. \

On 10/3/2018 at 3:41 AM, Joerg said:

The non-Veldt Agimori (e.g. Pamaltelan Hsunchen and Thinobutan-descended "Agimori")

Some of the Pamaltelan Hsunchen (the Fiwan) live on the veldt, but I get what you mean. Yes, they do not have the same elemental connections. Some may have different elemental connections, but its secondary to their Beast rune and dependent on their specific beast connection. 

I'm in full agreement that most Agimori are normal humans with mostly cultural difference, the Men-and-a-half are a special case. 

On 10/2/2018 at 12:16 PM, Manu said:

In the bestiary, there is a description of an Agimori. But the description is the Agimori of Prax.

Are the Doraddi as an Agimori (from the bestiary)? Do they also have 100% Sky Rune?

And what about the Fonritians or any other 'crossbreed'? Which stats should I use?

Back in the day, in Sandy's campaign, Doraddi and Fonritians were both normal humans for game purposes. I don't remember any characters from Pamaltela having Men-And-A-Half stats.

SDLeary